Green Perspective on European Values
Mission, Vision and Objective
CDN Summer Camp
23rd to 29th July 2012, Belarus
9th June 2012
The prep team had its meeting this weekend and has created a detailed agenda, chosen participants and arranged the technical details of the camp.
Due to our desire to reach geographical balance, we are specificly searching for 5 more participants from Russia, Moldova and Ukraine.
In case you are interested in gathering more knowledge on the topic of the summer camp, expanding your views, meeting new people, organizations and initiatives, are able to use English as a working language, and are between 18 and 30 years old, we are happy to receive your application.
Deadline for applications is 20th of June. Filled applications (in English) have to be submitted to
by this deadline. We are also kindly asking you to spread this call.
A more detailed call, including a summary of the topics and aims of the project can downloaded below, together with the application form.
3rd May 2012
The call for participants has been launched. Deadline for applications is 31st May at midnight (CET). A more detailed call, including a summary of the topics and aims of the project can downloaded below, together with the application form.
3rd April 2012
The call for members of the international preparatory team has been launched. Deadline for applications is 17th April. A more detailed call, including a summary of the topics and aims of the project can downloaded below, together with the application form.
- Time and location: July 2012, Belarus
- Duration: 6 working days
- Working language: English
- Number of participants: 80 in total
- Age: 15-30
- to introduce and promote Green European values/core values of the Council of Europe, and how its implementation benefits transition societies by improving decision making processes with regard to transparency, efficiency and non-discrimination
- to learn on and contribute to the tools which are improving intercultural youth initiatives and cooperation, in order to empower youth as pioneers of participatory democracy and active citizenship
- to empower youth by promoting and learning on the necessity of participation in order to achieve sustainable social change
- to critically explore economic, ecological, social and political frames of today's society that shape our understanding and practicing of Green European values
- to debate what it means to be Green today in different parts of Europe, starting from the four pillars ecology, gender equality, social justice, and non-violence
- to share different experiences related to European integration and the protection of fundamental rights, as well as the youth's role therein
- to discuss what challenges regarding participation youth organizations are facing in different European societies, and find ways to overcome them
- to develop methodologies and strategies for promoting fundamental rights, youth participation, gender equality, social inclusion and ecology in our societies
- to establish and practice inclusive working methods with regard to politically and ethnically sensitive contexts disabled people, and socially disadvantaged groups
- to support pan-European cooperation, celebration of diversity and multiculturalism, in particular between youth organizations in ex-USSR countries and other European countries
Program will be based on principles of non-formal and in-formal education. We will strive for active, inclusive and direct communication and transfer of knowledge. Sessions will be balanced between theoretical inputs, workshops, role-plays, discussions and other interactive methods. We will use methods of play and create nice and constructive atmosphere where everyone can find possibilities and methods to share and learn.
Call for participants
Application form for participants
Call for prep team CLOSED
Application form for prep team members CLOSED
This project is supported by the European Youth Foundation of the Council of Europe and by Green Forum Sweden
1972-2012 | 40th Anniversary of the European Youth Foundation