Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe and Digital [X] Working Group are announcing a call for Participants for the international seminar “Critical journalism in Digital Era: Youth’s access to non-biased information”. The seminar will take place from 2nd to 7th July in Georgia (1st and 8th are travel dates to and from Georgia.)
Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe and Digital [X] Working Group are announcing a call for Prep-Team members for the international seminar “Critical journalism in Digital Era: Youth’s access to non-biased information”. The seminar will take place from 2nd to 7th July in Georgia (1st and 8th are travel dates to and from Georgia.)
The project is a part of our annual work plan “Digital Technology For Democracy: Youth Turns Threat Into Opportunity” and is going to
(1) Identify and explore the connection between digital rights and online journalism by raising the participants’ knowledge and practical skills on fake news phenomenon and hoax detection;
(2) Equip participants with open source tools of critical digital media literacy for proactively combatting fabricated material online;
(3)Equip participants with tools and methods to different steps of proactive online journalism;
We are looking for young people who are passionate exploring the connection between digital rights and online journalism, and the values of the Green movement. Are you motivated to turn online journalism into a more proactive one?
Then this is the right activity for you!
DEADLINE for submitting online applicationsis: 10th April at midnight (CET)
The main responsibilities of the prep-team are:
- Active participation in the regular on-line meetings prior the event;
- Full participation in one in-person preparatory meeting in May 2019 (2 full working days) in Tbilisi, Georgia;
- Preparation of a call and selection of participants, preparation of participants for the event and providing them with all the necessary information regarding the program;
- Preparation and implementation of the seminar programme; Invitation and communication with speakers, experts, trainers and partners in accordance with the project aims;
- Help with the promotion of the event and ensuring media visibility;
- Taking care of practicalities and for well-being of the participants;
- Full participation during the entire event, 2-7th July 2019 ; and prep team meeting before (30th June- 1st July) and after (8th July);
- Help with the reporting of the seminar (July-August)
Being a prep-team member at CDN event would offer you:
- Working in a lively international environment;
- Experience in managing youth projects – preparation, implementation and reporting;
- Getting familiar with Green values and CDN work;
- Getting to know local initiatives on online journalism and their work;
- A possibility to develop your leadership skills and group work;
- A lot of work and a lot of fun!
Prep-team members should:
- Speak English (you should be able to clearly express yourself both orally and in writing).
- Be willing to take on a challenge;
- Be responsible about fulfilling their tasks and help the rest of the group;
- Have good organisational skills;
- Be a good team player;
- Be committed to the aims of the project;
- Be familiar with non-formal education methods.
Accommodation, food, working space, travel and visa costs for preparatory team will be fully covered. For selection of travel means the condition is to combine the most economic and environmentally friendly way (lowest price + travel time + CO2 emissions).
More information about the work plan: Project page
*All references to Kosovo, whether to the territory, institutions or population, in this text shall be understood in full compliance with the United Nations Security Council Resolutions 1244 and without prejudice to the status of Kosovo.
CDN рад пригласить Вас на тренинг “Смотри и Действуй сквозь зелёную призму”, который пройдет 10-14 Октября в Киеве, Украина и соберет участников из Украины, Беларуси, Молдовы и России. Этот тренинг является частью долгосрочной работы CDN по развитию и укреплению Зелёного движения в регионе. Continue reading
CDN would hereby like to announce the a call for participants for “Green Politics Training” which will take place in Sremski Karlovci, Serbia on 15 and 16 September 2018. We are looking for young people from Serbia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina interested in topic regardless of their previous experience.
During these trainings, we will explore the Green ideology, the history of Green Movement and the Green European actors. Furthermore, we are going to explore ways of Green activism.
If you are completely new to the topic, or you would like to get familiar with what Green politics are, this training is for you! The deadline for submitting the application is 28th of August.
APPLY HERE by filling the APPLICATION.
What do Greens stand for?
The Green political movement grew out of the anti-war movements during the Cold War (such as the demonstrations opposing the Vietnam war) as well as the 1968 movements against bureaucratic elites, repressive regimes, colonization and for human rights, social progression and peace. Thus the Green family is diverse: it includes environmental activists, left leaning economists, social democrats, social movement activists ranging from feminists and LGBTQ+ activists to Worker’s Unions fighting against income inequality, organic farmers, human right NGOs and ecological academics etc.
At the center of the ideology is sustainability, social justice and representative democracy. Due to these principles, Greens demand social solidarity in the form of progressive taxation; income equality; an end to a colonial look at global politics; transition to renewable energy sources; ecological consciousness in political decision making; emancipation and awareness of ones human rights and the expansion of those for achieving a more peaceful, educated and just society.
If you wish to learn more and more in depth about what Greens do, who they are, and how Green minded policies can shape the societies in the region, apply now!
- Accommodation and meals during the trainings, working materials as well as travel costs to the venue, are fully covered by CDN. Please, note that participants will be sharing multiple-bed rooms in an ecological center.
- Selected participants are expected to be present in Serbia for two full working days (+2 days for travel)
- The working language of the trainings is English, however, not speaking English should not stop you from applying as there will be many people willing to translate and some sessions will take place in Serbian/Montenegrin/Bosnian/Macedonian if we see the need.
For any further information, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CDN исчет команду организаторов для предстоящего семинара “Зелёное адвокатирование* (Р)УМБ” – Смотри и Действуй сквозь зелёную призму” который состоится 10-14 октября в Украине.
Этот проект является ещё одним шагом к достижению долгосрочной цели по укреплению Зелёного движения в регионе путем разработки концепции Зелёного видения среди молодежи. Continue reading
Cooperation and Development Network (CDN) and Federation of Young European Greens (FYEG) are announcing an open call for members of preparatory team (prep-team) for the study session ” The Glass Ceiling Is Not Your Limit” which will take place from 5 – 9 November 2018 in the European Youth Centre in Budapest, Hungary.
Dear CDN Member Organisations,
CDN’s Executive Committee and Green Education Initiative would hereby like to announce the opening of a call for hosts for the Green Politics Training. The Green Politics Training is scheduled to have its prep-team meeting in mid of July and acitivites in September and October.
Za Srpski/Hrvatski klikni ovde
CDN is announcing a call for participants of the second Balkan Regional Training of our Annual Work Plan “Urban Steps for Resilient Future – Building Youth Activism in Eastern Europe”. The regional training will take place between 11-15 July in Belgrade, Serbia and will gather participants from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Montenegro, and Serbia. Continue reading
Report on “Urban Steps for Resilient Future: Building youth Activism in Eastern Europe” training
From 24-29 April 2018, Cooperation and Development Network of Eastern Europe (CDN) – with the support of the European Youth Foundation of the Council of Europe, Green European Foundation (GEF), Green Group in the European Parliament, MEPs Terry Reintke and Rebecca Harms – organised a five-day youth training on Alternative Urbanisation on Buyukada island in Istanbul, Turkey. We gathered more than 40 young people from Eastern Europe with the aim to empower them to get active in their city and seek and provide support that make their cities more resilient. Continue reading
CDN анонсирует набор участников для Регионального Тренинга RUMB в рамках нашего Ежегодного Рабочего Плана “Urban Steps for Resilient Future – Building Youth Activism in Eastern Europe”. Региональный тренинг пройдет 04-08 Июля в Гродно, Беларусь и соберет участников из Беларуси, Молдовы, Украины и России.