Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe and Digital [X] Working Group are announcing a call for Prep-Team members for the international seminar “Critical journalism in Digital Era: Youth’s access to non-biased information”. The seminar will take place from 2nd to 7th July in Georgia (1st and 8th are travel dates to and from Georgia.)
The project is a part of our annual work plan “Digital Technology For Democracy: Youth Turns Threat Into Opportunity” and is going to
(1) Identify and explore the connection between digital rights and online journalism by raising the participants’ knowledge and practical skills on fake news phenomenon and hoax detection;
(2) Equip participants with open source tools of critical digital media literacy for proactively combatting fabricated material online;
(3)Equip participants with tools and methods to different steps of proactive online journalism;
We are looking for young people who are passionate exploring the connection between digital rights and online journalism, and the values of the Green movement. Are you motivated to turn online journalism into a more proactive one?
Then this is the right activity for you!
DEADLINE for submitting online applicationsis: 10th April at midnight (CET)
The main responsibilities of the prep-team are:
- Active participation in the regular on-line meetings prior the event;
- Full participation in one in-person preparatory meeting in May 2019 (2 full working days) in Tbilisi, Georgia;
- Preparation of a call and selection of participants, preparation of participants for the event and providing them with all the necessary information regarding the program;
- Preparation and implementation of the seminar programme; Invitation and communication with speakers, experts, trainers and partners in accordance with the project aims;
- Help with the promotion of the event and ensuring media visibility;
- Taking care of practicalities and for well-being of the participants;
- Full participation during the entire event, 2-7th July 2019 ; and prep team meeting before (30th June- 1st July) and after (8th July);
- Help with the reporting of the seminar (July-August)
Being a prep-team member at CDN event would offer you:
- Working in a lively international environment;
- Experience in managing youth projects – preparation, implementation and reporting;
- Getting familiar with Green values and CDN work;
- Getting to know local initiatives on online journalism and their work;
- A possibility to develop your leadership skills and group work;
- A lot of work and a lot of fun!
Prep-team members should:
- Speak English (you should be able to clearly express yourself both orally and in writing).
- Be willing to take on a challenge;
- Be responsible about fulfilling their tasks and help the rest of the group;
- Have good organisational skills;
- Be a good team player;
- Be committed to the aims of the project;
- Be familiar with non-formal education methods.
Accommodation, food, working space, travel and visa costs for preparatory team will be fully covered. For selection of travel means the condition is to combine the most economic and environmentally friendly way (lowest price + travel time + CO2 emissions).
More information about the work plan: Project page
*All references to Kosovo, whether to the territory, institutions or population, in this text shall be understood in full compliance with the United Nations Security Council Resolutions 1244 and without prejudice to the status of Kosovo.
The following “Call for Participants: Internet As We Want It” is extended till 18 April, Thursday midnight CET for participants coming from Ukraine and Central Europe.
Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe and Digital [X] Working Group are announcing a call for participants for the international seminar “Internet as we know it vs Internet as youth wants it” The seminar will take place from 20th to 26th May in Kyiv, Ukraine. (20th and 26th are travel dates to and from Kyiv.)
Between 7-10 March, Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe held its 10th General Assembly in Istanbul, Turkey. The General Assembly was hosted by our member organisation, Young Greens of Turkey/Genc Yesiller, who did amazing work preparing perfect conditions for meetings and work as well as welcoming CDN’s delegates and guests.
Cooperation and Development Network is very happy to announce its new publication “Smash Ceilings: Handbook for Brave Feminists” and its very first podcast “The Glass Ceiling Is Not Your Limit”.
Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe and its Digital [X] Working Group are announcing a call for members of the preparation team of the international seminar “Internet as we know it vs Internet as we want it”. The seminar will take place from 20th to 26th May in Ukraine.
DEADLINE for submitting online applications:10 February 2019, Sunday at midnight (CET).
We are very excited to let you know that we secured funding that will allow us to support the new office assistant’s work and residence permit in Serbia. Moreover, we open this position for full-time and wait for your applications until 17 February, Sunday at midnight CET.
Cooperation and Development Network of Eastern Europe will hold its 10th General Assembly on 8-9 March 2018 in Istanbul, Turkey. The General Assembly will be hosted by CDN’s Member Organization Young Greens of Turkey.
We have received 4 applications to host the Cooperation and Development Network’s General Assembly. Thanks to Belarus Young Greens, MODOM and Gutta Club for their applications, we look forward to future cooperation.
This year’s General Assembly will also be held together with Working Groups Meeting. More than 60 Young Greens from Eastern Europe and beyond will gather for debating, discussing and deciding on CDN’s activity and financial plan for the next year, approve its strategy plan for 2019-2022, as well as election of the new Executive Committee and much more.
General Assembly (GA) is the highest decision-making body of CDN organised by CDN Executive Committee. The GA gathers at least once a year and has a full power to take any necessary decision in order to realise the objectives of CDN. GA is consisted of the member organisations and partner organisations of CDN.
MEMBER ORGANISATION of CDN has a right to be represented by two delegates with voting rights at the General Assembly and has full right to nominate its candidate for any organisational group/position or submit amendments to any organisational document of CDN. CDN will cover the full travel and accommodation costs of the 1st Delegate of each Member Organization. Member Organizations can decide to send 1 delegate with two voting rights or 2 delegates, each with one voting right, as long as they cover the participation and travel costs of the 2nd delegate.
PARTNER ORGANISATION of CDN has a right to send one delegate with no voting right to the GA and has full right to nominate its candidate for any organisational group/position or submit amendments to any organisational document of CDN. The travel costs of the delegates of partner organization are not covered by CDN.
GUESTS are also welcomed at the CDN GA, bearing in mind that CDN can’t cover their GA related costs and they will be subjected to participant fee.
The call for Delegates and Guests will be out soon with more details.
Please find relevant calls, forms and other documents below (to be published from January):
Calls and Forms:
Call for Delegates (Deadline for registration: 4 February 2019, midnight CET)
Member Organisation Candidate:
(For Serbian, Click HERE)
We are happy to open a registration for participants for this year’s annual EkoFest that will take place
between 13th – 16th December 2018 in Belgrade, Serbia. This is the biggest EkoFest so far including the
participants coming from Bosnia, Montenegro, Macedonia, and Serbia.
EkoFest is the most visible annual event that usually Serbian Green Youth organizes, it is a few days long
festival of discussions, movies screenings, workshops and direct actions.
The EkoFest 2018 will be organized in cooperation with CDN and will focus on the topics of food production, and will approach the food production from different angles: from food processing and distribution to consumerist habits and veganism as a political statement in the frame of sustainable living.
This years’ program will include public events and closed activities for more than 40 registered young Green-minded activists. Public program will include panel discussion, movie screenings and lectures, while closed part will include study visits and workshops.
We are looking forward to welcome the participants who are:
- interested in the topic of food production, food distribution and food waste;
- can contribute to this topic in any way;
- interested in Green Politics and activism in general.
Logistics and Technicalities:
• Accommodation in a hostel/hotel will be provided for the nights of the 13-15 December;
• Lunch will be provided for the registered participants, reception will be available for the public
• Travel costs will be reimbursed within reasonable limits, with the condition to combine the most
economic and environmentally friendly way (lowest price + travel time + CO2 emissions);
• Participation is free of charge.
Working language of the Festival will be Serbian with the possibility of English translations.
Here you can find the registration form. The deadline to fill in the form is: 9th of December.
Registrations are on a first-come, first-served basis… so register early 🙂
For any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
(For English, click HERE)
Zadovoljstvo nam je da Vas pozovemo na ovogodišnji EkoFest koji će se održati od 13. do 16.
decembra u Beogradu. Učešće na ovogodišnjem EkoFest-u biće omogućena učesnicama/učesnicima iz
BiH, Crne Gore, Makedonije i Srbije.
EkoFest je jedan od najvećih događaja koje Zelena omladina Srbije već godinama organizuje, a na ovogodišnjem očekuju Vas razne diskusije, prezentacije filmova, radionice i akcije.
EkoFest2018 će se fokusirati na temu proizvodnje hrane i ujedno će pristupiti ovom procesu iz više
uglova: od proizvodnje i obrade hrane, konzumerističkih navika u ishrani i veganstva kao političkog stava
u okvirima održivog načina življenja. Osim toga, biće reči i o food waste-u. Continue reading