CDN is opening the call for the Visual Designer for project “Future of green peace and security”.
This is a paid, remote position, starting from the mid October 2022. We are accepting applications by the 2nd of October 23:59 CET.
Remuneration: EUR 250 for visual design of the visuals for the social-media posts (outputs and slogans of 8 webinars).
We are looking for someone with the following profile:
- Good written and spoken English;
- Experience with visual design of info-graphics and social-media posts;
- Experience in activism is an asset;
- Comprehensive understanding and respect of Green values;
- Younger than 35 at the moment of applying.
We encourage Eastern Europeans, women, queer people and people from other marginalised groups to apply. Payment for the service will be done via bank transfer within 2 weeks’ time after the event.
The interested candidates are invited to send their CV and portfolio to email@example.com by 2nd of October 23:59 CET.
The selected candidates will be contacted within a week after the deadline and invited for a call with the members of the preparatory team of the activity to set the work-flow and discuss details. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts, so that you do not receive our reply in the spam folder.
The project “We are the future, but we are here now!” opened a space for a discussion and questions — What are the barriers young people in Central and Eastern Europe face while participating in the civic and political processes in their home countries? What are the tools for non-violent involvement? What kind of local activities should we do to improve young people’s lives in the region?
During the project, we heard many inspiring stories, opinions and theories from young people in Eastern Europe, and we believe it is time to gather these stories for our publication!
The current ageist approach towards youth participation is the cause of our voices not being heard in the debates and decisions on things that actively affect us and our future. The “future generation” is here now, and we have the right to express our needs and demands. People often use the argument of immaturity and lack of experience to silence young people’s voices.
With this publication, we want to give space to the youth from Central and Eastern Europe and hear diverse opinions on the life of the young people in their communities, inspiring cases and touching stories.
We are looking for:
- Topical stories of your local youth experience of doing civic and political activism;
- Research, observations and analysis on the condition of youth and participation levels
- Interviews with the local politicians working on youth policy;
- Analysis of the current political events relevant to the author’s country and how it is affecting youth;
- Fiction, including satire;
- Any other topic you think would fit this publication
Technical requirements for the articles:
- Something that has not been already broadly written (talked) about;
- The full articles should not exceed 10 000-12 000 characters;
- Have a logical structure and flow;
- Use UK English;
- Feel free to experiment with the format: your piece can be not only an article but also a video, a podcast, a comic, a poem, a fairy tale, etc.
After the deadline, the editorial board will read the proposals and prepare comments. The editorial board will send comments two weeks after the deadline. The authors will have 1 week to reply to the comments. After that, authors can start their work on the articles. They will have 4 weeks to finalise and send the stories to the editorial team. After this, we would agree on the final form of the written pieces and send the publication to the designer. The editorial board will upload the articles on the CDN website as single articles. CDN will distribute the printed publication.
If you want to be a part of this publication, send a summary of your proposal (maximum 2 000 characters ) by the 14th of September, 23:59 CEST to email@example.com. Please, do not hesitate to ask us questions if you have any. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts so that you do not receive our reply in the spam folder.
Our planet is in danger, and those fighting for their homes daily are not heard! Local Reporters in 7 countries of Central and Eastern Europe have visited the areas harmed by climate change and harsh industries, and listened to the inspiring stories of young women living in rural areas.
We will hear their perspectives and discuss the intersection of feminist and environmental movements trough different lenses they discovered in local stories.
Read about the project Feminists in the Environmental Movement here.
Local reporters will amplify their voices in an online presentation and discussion on Friday, 26th August at 18:00 CEST.
Join the discussion with Anamarija, Natalya, Özge, Elena, Karla, Palina and Maja:
Meeting ID: 819 2227 0797
Do you wish to organise an online discussion or a webinar? Do you dream of creating social media campaign? Now it’s time to make your ideas come to life!
CDN has created the ‘Get Involved With YOUR Ideas’ application, where you can submit your online proposals.
Proposals can include ideas for CDN Working Group activities, team building and training sessions on fundraising, organising, social media and other topics.
How to make this possible?
Press the ‘Apply Here’ button below and fill out the questionnaire.
Executive Committee will review your application and notify if your idea is accepted.
If the answer is positive, CDN will help you to realise your idea and promote the activity within the network.
What is the deadline for submission?
There is no specific deadline. We are accepting applications throughout the year. However, be mindful of the time frame of the ongoing CDN activities.
Do not hesitate to apply. We are excited to receive your proposals and hopefully work together to make your ideas come to life!
Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe (CDN) is announcing a call for participants for the Study Session “Green Cities for Sustainable Planet”.
The event will take place from 7th to 12th of November 2022 in the European Youth Centre in Budapest, Hungary. The arrival date for the participants is 6th and departure date is 13th.
With this activity we aim to empower 35 young Eastern Europeans in tackling climate change through exploring the intersectionality of globalisation, capitalism and environmental issues – this event will provide a holistic approach towards climate change by focusing on communities, economy, human rights and urbanism and support the participants in developing new attitudes towards climate change, through exploring how governments, businesses and citizens can enable the urban and economic shift to a greener transition.
This will be done by meeting the following objectives:
- To deepen participants’ understanding of climate change by exploring the role that cities should play in fighting climate crisis and how latter is connected to urbanization and post-growth economics;
- To equip participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to practice and advocate for city-level climate, economic and social justice;
- To provide the participants with the space to create a practical guide on transitioning one’s lifestyle and living environment into a more green and environmentally friendly one.
You can read more about the project on this page.
Dear Young Greens from Eastern Europe,
Following the news that Paula “Pablo” Luīze Pastore is joining Secretariat, we are happy to announce a call for a new Executive Committee Member that will fill in the vacant spot and work with the rest of the EC until the next General Assembly.
This is your chance to contribute to the growing Green movement in Eastern Europe.
The Executive Committee tasks:
- Work on the implementation of CDN’s Activity Plan, approved by the General Assembly (including project writing, coordination, implementation and reporting);
- The newly elected EC member will be responsible for the Study Session “Green Cities for the Sustainable Planet”; make sure to check out the responsibilities here;
- Maintaining close and continuous communication with CDN Member and Partner
Organisations and Network Partners;
- Actively following and supporting the smooth work-flow of the Working Groups;
- Representing and promoting CDN during its and partners’ activities as well as in the digital
- Answering challenges and making decisions throughout the year, between GAs, based on the CDN Strategy and CDN’s best interest;
- Actively participating in the regular (biweekly) EC meetings (that usually last around 2h).
- Keeping track of the well-being of CDN’s Office.
The candidate for the Executive Committee should:
- Be motivated to advance the Green movement in the Eastern Europe;
- Be dedicated to the goals of CDN, subscribe to its political platform and the Green Idea;
- Be comfortable working in an international environment and have good communication and organisational skills;
- Be willing and available for active online engagement throughout the mandate;
- Be prepared for frequent traveling, participating in the live EC meetings, CDN activities and likely several other occasions;
- Be regularly available on the e-mail for the ongoing discussions, work and decision making, together with regular online meetings;
- Have a good command of English (written and spoken);
- Have the interest to follow political developments in Eastern Europe and react to them with available tools such as producing statements, organising and supporting campaigns, assisting member and partner organisations, communicating with other Green stakeholders, etc.
More details about the responsibilities of CDN EC members and the election procedure can be found in the CDN Statutes and Internal Rules of Procedures.
The candidate should submit:
- Filled Application form;
- Candidate’s CV;
- Photo (Optional);
- Introduction to your candidacy;
- Official letter of support from a Candidate’s organisation or any CDN Member or Partner organisation*
*Only CDN Member and Partner organisations can nominate a candidate for the Executive Committee.
Applications should be submitted HERE.
All technical instructions are given on our GA website but you can also access them HERE.
DEADLINE for submitting candidacies is July 13, 23:59 CET. However, the earlier you apply the more chance delegates will have to see your candidacy on cdn.discuss.green.
In case of any questions do not hesitate to write to email@example.com.
Paula “Pablo” Luize Pastore has always had a passion for progressive and green topics, but they joined the official movement in 2021.
Now they are a board member of the Latvian youth organization “Protests”. Pablo has been active in CDN as an Executive Committee member from March 2022 till July 2022.
Pablo is interested in intersectional feminism, gender theory, workers’ rights, and anti-racism. In their free time, Pablo enjoys writing, making posters, reading feminist literature, watching old movies, going on long walks, and talking with friends. Within CDN’s gender working group, Pablo created a feminist reading club.
Pablo is excited to be a part of the CDN office.
Welcome to the team Pablo!
CDN Executive Committee and Secretariat
Climate change is the most serious threat to humanity in the 21st century. According to UN Habitat, cities consume 78% of the world’s energy and produce the majority of global greenhouse gas emissions. As urbanisation is expected to accelerate even more, cities will have even bigger impact on the environment and climate. Many of them are also the first to experience number of consequences of the changing climate – rising sea levels, extreme heat, water scarcity and air pollution among others. Interestingly, the entities with the most ambitious climate goals are rarely countries – usually, they are cities.