The Executive Committee of Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe (CDN) is announcing a call for a CDN Network Coordinator. This is a paid, full-time position, starting from 1st of November 2019 and it will be based in CDN’s office in Belgrade, Serbia. We are accepting applications by 22nd of September 2019 Midnight CEST/CET.
Working time: 40 hours/week, flexible working hours (some activities will take place during weekends that can be compensated within weekdays). Remuneration: 800 EUR, gross Contract type: 2 years with 3 months probation period Location: Belgrade, Serbia
What is CDN?
CDN is a network of Green youth organizations from Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe and the South Caucasus. Currently, CDN has 15 Member Organizations and 6 Partner Organizations as well as 5 Working Groups. The Network supports the development, cooperation and exchange of knowledge and skills between young people and their organizations, and aims at enlarging the niche for political work for Greens in Europe. CDN organizes educational and capacity-building activities such as seminars, conferences and regional meetings and uses non-formal education to advance youth participation.CDN stands for gender equality, equal participation, diversity, inclusion, respect for minorities, environmental and climate justice, direct democracy and non-violence. Our Political Platform lays out the values which the Network bases its actions on.
Role of the Network Coordinator:
The Network Coordinator, is the a legal representative of CDN. The work of the Network Coordinator involves encompasses the following duties:
- Daily management of the CDN office, including daily task division for the Project Coordinator and the Office Assistant, and financial management in close cooperation with the Treasurer
- Assisting the Executive Committee in fulfilling their respective duties and coordinating their work
- Working with the Executive Committee on a long-term vision of CDN
- Providing constructive mentorship for, and coordinating the work of the Office Assistant
- Assisting the Project Coordinator throughout all phases of project management (where necessary)
- Organizing CDN’s statutory meetings such as General Assembly, strategic planning and regional meetings
- Maintaining contact with Member and Partner Organizations and keeping an overview of the developments in the Network together with the Executive Committee
- Representing CDN and communication with external partners (e.g. funders, national and international green structures, among others)
- Managing the external communication together with the Office Assistant and the EC, including managing the website and social media
- Tracking and monitoring major political developments, and especially with regard to civil society dynamics throughout Eastern Europe, providing analysis and identifying opportunities for CDN and/or its Member and Partner Organization engagement
We are looking for someone with the following profile:
- Substantial experience in a young Green organization and/or good knowledge of CDN, Green politics and civil society in Eastern Europe
- Additional experience regarding meaningful engagement in youth and voluntary organizations, or NGOs is an asset, especially on the international level
- At least 1-year experience in project planning, implementation, monitoring and follow-up, especially with the diverse groups on international level
- Comprehensive understanding and respect for CDN documents and values
- Excellent written and spoken English, (knowledge of additional Eastern European language is an asset)
- Proven experience of excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work under high pressure and with tight deadlines
- Proven track record of efficient communication skills (in online and offline settings) and experience in facilitation and moderation
- Ability to take initiative and work in an international environment
- Willingness to engage in frequent travels, to have flexible working hours – long working days and work during the weekends when needed
- Knowledge of basic accounting is a strong asset
- Computer skills including the use of free software (Linux, WordPress, Libre office etc.) are an asset
- Preferably younger than 30 years of age
What are we are offering you:
- To work in a lively, friendly, international, young and Green environment
- The opportunity to enhance your knowledge of European and Green politics and youth work
- Frequent and extensive travel
- The opportunity to network in the European-wide Green movement
- Monthly fee (competitive for Serbia)
Recruitment Procedure: If you are interested in the Network Coordinator position, please send your CV, MotivationLetter and contact details of two referees (preferably former employers, supervisors or tutors) to CDN Office (email@example.com) with a subject line REF: Network Coordinator Application – Name&Surname before 22nd of September 2019 Midnight CEST/CET.
Incomplete applications that don’t have a CV, Motivation Letter, references and without a clear subject line will not be considered.
Next Steps: We will contact the shortlisted candidates latest till 5th of October 2019 and invite them for an online interview. The final selection will be done not later than 15th of October 2019.