The Executive Committee of Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe (CDN) is announcing a call for a Network Coordinator. This is a paid, full-time position, starting from the beginning of February 2022 and it will be based in CDN’s office in Belgrade, Serbia. We are accepting applications by the 10th of January 23:59 CET.
Working time: 40 hours/week, flexible working hours (some activities will take place during weekends that can be compensated within weekdays)
Remuneration: minimum 850 EUR, gross
Contract type: 2 years with 3 months probation period and possibility for prolongation
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
What is CDN?
CDN is a network of Green youth organizations from Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe and the South Caucasus. Currently, CDN has 14 Member Organizations and 6 Partner Organizations as well as 4 Working Groups. The Network supports the development, cooperation and exchange of knowledge and skills between young people and their organizations, and aims at strengthening the Green political movement in Eastern Europe. CDN organises different types of educational and capacity-building activities, relying on non-formal education as a way to advance youth participation.
Role of the Network Coordinator:
The Network Coordinator is the legal representative of CDN. The work of the Network Coordinator encompasses the following duties:
- Daily management of the CDN Office, and financial management in close cooperation with the Treasurer and with the support of Office Assistant
- Assisting the Executive Committee in fulfilling their respective duties and coordinating their work
- Working with the Executive Committee on a long-term vision and strategizing CDN work
- Providing constructive mentorship for, and coordinating the work of the Office Assistant
- Assisting the Project Coordinator throughout all phases of project management (where necessary)
- Organizing CDN’s statutory meetings such as General Assembly, strategic planning, as well as regional/cross-regional meetings
- Maintaining contact with Member and Partner Organizations and keeping an overview of the developments in the Network together with the Executive Committee
- Representing CDN and communication with external partners (e.g. founders, national and international Green structures)
- Managing the external communication together with the Office Assistant and the EC, including managing the website and social media
- Tracking and monitoring major political developments, and especially with regard to civil society dynamics throughout Eastern Europe, providing analysis and identifying opportunities for CDN and/or its Member and Partner Organization engagement
We are looking for someone with the following profile:
- Substantial experience in a young Green organization and/or good knowledge of CDN, Green politics and civil society in Eastern Europe
- Additional experience regarding meaningful engagement in youth and voluntary organizations, or NGOs is an asset, especially on the international level
- At least 1-year experience in project planning, implementation, monitoring and follow-up, especially with diverse groups on an international level
- Comprehensive understanding and respect for CDN documents and values
- Excellent written and spoken English, (knowledge of additional Eastern European language is an asset)
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work under high pressure and with tight deadlines
- Efficient communication skills (in online and offline settings) and experience in facilitation and moderation
- Ability to take initiative and work in an international environment
- Willingness to engage in frequent travels, to have flexible working hours – long working days and work during the weekends when needed
- Preferably younger than 30 years of age and not older than 33 at the moment of applying
- Knowledge of basic accounting is a strong asset
- Computer skills including the use of free software (Linux, WordPress, Libre office etc.) are an asset
What are we offering you:
- To work in a lively, friendly, international, young and Green environment
- The opportunity to enhance your knowledge of European and Green politics and youth work
- Frequent and extensive travel
- The opportunity to network in the European-wide Green movement
- Monthly fee (competitive for Serbia)
Recruitment Procedure: If you are interested in the Network Coordinator position, please send your CV, Motivation Letter and contact details of two referees (preferably former employers, supervisors or tutors) to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line REF: Network Coordinator Application – Name&Surname before 10th of January 2022 23:59 CET.
Incomplete applications that don’t have a CV, Motivation Letter, references and without a clear subject line will not be considered.
Next Steps: We will contact the shortlisted candidates latest till the 15th of January and invite them for an online interview. The final selection will be done no later than the 26th of January.