The Executive Committee of Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe (CDN) is announcing a call for an Office Coordinator. This is a paid, full-time position, starting from 1st of September 2019 and it will be based in CDN’s office in Belgrade, Serbia. We are waiting for your applications until 23 June, Sunday midnight CET.
Working time: 40 hours/week, flexible working hours (some activities will take place during weekends which can be compensated within weekdays).
Remuneration: 800 EUR, gross
Contract type: 2 years with 3 months probation
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
What is CDN?
CDN is a network of Green youth organisations from Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe and the South Caucasus. Currently CDN has 15 Member Organizations and 6 Partner Organisations as well as 5 working groups. The Network supports the development, cooperation and exchange of knowledge and skills between young people and their organisations and aims at enlarging the field of political work for Greens in Europe. CDN organises educational and capacity-building activities such as seminars, conferences and regional meetings and uses non-formal education to advance youth participation.
CDN stands for gender equality, equal participation, diversity, inclusion, respect for minorities, environmental and climate justice, direct democracy and non-violence. Our Political Platform lays out the values which the Network bases its actions on.
Role of the Office Coordinator:
The Office Coordinator, together with the Network Coordinator, is the legal representative of CDN. Office Coordinator is mainly responsible for overseeing CDN’s finances and administration and the office work allocation.
We are looking for someone with the following profile:
- Minimum one year experience in similar position with financial responsibilities,
- Excellent ability to work independently, take initiative, good organization of one’s work, good planning skills and attention to detail,
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of Serbo-Croatian or Russian would be a strong asset.
- Substantial experience in a young Green organization and/or good knowledge of CDN, Green politics and civil society in Eastern Europe. Additional experience in youth and voluntary organisations or an NGOs is an asset, especially on international level;
- Excellent computer skills including the use of free and open source software (Linux, WordPress, Libreoffice, etc.);
- Younger than 30 years old.
The Office Coordinator tasks include:
- Financial Management: Together with the Treasurer making the financial plans, managing the finances, executing the plan and reporting it to the funders and the General Assembly;
- Project Management: Writing project applications, fund raising, facilitating and coordinating the preparatory teams, implementing activities, narrative and financial reporting and evaluation;
- Event Management: Arranging the logistics of the international/regional activities with the help of local teams, assisting participants in arranging their travel, reimbursement of participants, payments of the venue and lodging etc.
- Communication: Updating CDN website & social media
- Network: Maintaining close contact with Member and Partner Organizations and Working Groups and keeping an overview of their needs
- Representation: Legal representation of CDN
This position requires frequent travels and long working days/work during the weekends, which can be compensated with work days.
Not having a work-permit in Serbia should not stop you from applying to this position. CDN will support the new Office Coordinator with residence and work permit applications.
Recruitment Procedure: If you are interested please send your CV, Motivation letter and contact details of two references (preferably former employers, supervisors or tutors) to CDN Office (email@example.com) with a subject line REF: Office Coordinator Application – Name&Surname before 23 June 2019, Sunday midnight CET. The applications that don’t have a CV, motivation letter, references and without a clear subject line will not be considered.
Next Steps: We will contact the shortlisted candidates latest till mid-July and invite them for an interview. The final selection will be done not later than end of July.