The Executive Committee of Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe AISBL (CDN) is announcing a call for an Office Coordinator. Together with the Network Coordinator, the Office Coordinator (OC) constitute the Secretariat, who are appointed officers and legal representatives of CDN. The Secretariat is responsible to the Executive Committee.
The contract is valid for two years and includes a probation period of three months. The contract begins from January 2018. The work place is based in CDN’s office in Belgrade. Being member of the Secretariat of CDN is a highly demanding position, requiring excellent organisational skills as well as substantial knowledge of Green politics, the socio-political context of Eastern Europe and relevant international youth organisations, bodies and structures on European level.
What is CDN?
CDN is a network of Green youth organisations from Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe and the South Caucasus. Currently CDN has 16 Member Organizations and 6 Partner Organisations. The network supports the development, cooperation and exchange of knowledge and skills of its members and aims at enlarging the field of political work for Greens in Europe. CDN organises educational and capacity-building activities such as seminars, trainings, conferences and regional meetings. CDN has five working groups: Digital Rights, Gender, Alter-urbanization, Migration and RUMB (Russia, Ukraine, Moldova, Belarus).
The new OC will be working with our Network Coordinator Sopho Mchedlishvili. While the office and network coordinators’ roles are distinct, the separation of tasks is flexible.
The office coordinators’ tasks include:
- Daily management of CDN’s office, including the financial management and administration;
- Facilitating and supporting the work of the Executive Committee;
- Project management: writing project applications, fundraising, implementation of activities, facilitating and coordinating the work of preparatory teams, reporting (narrative and financial) and evaluation;
- Organising CDN’s statutory meetings such as the General Assembly, strategic planning and regional meetings;
- Maintaining contact with Member and Partner Organizations and keeping an overview of their needs;
- Representing CDN and communication with external partners (e.g. funders, national and international green structures/organisations/parties)
- External communication, including managing the website and social media.
We are looking for someone with the following profile:
- Substantial experience in a young Green organisation and/or good knowledge of CDN, Green politics and civil society in Eastern Europe;
- Additional experience in youth and voluntary organisations or an NGOs is an asset, especially on international level;
- Fully understanding and respecting CDN documents and values;
- Excellent written and spoken English; skills in either Serbian (BCMS) or Russian are a strong asset;
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi task and work under high pressure and with tight deadlines;
- Good communication skills and experience in facilitation and moderation;
- Ability to take initiative and to work in an international environment;
- Knowledge of basic accounting is an asset;
- Excellent computer skills including the use of free and open source software (Linux, WordPress, Libreoffice, etc.);
- Willingness to engage in frequent travels, to have flexible working hours – long working days and work during the weekends when needed;
- Younger than 30 years.
What CDN offers:
– To work in a lively, friendly, international, young and Green environment.
– The opportunity to enhance your knowledge of European and Green politics and youth work.
– Frequent and extensive travel.
– The opportunity to network in the Green movement.
– Many opportunities for learning and gaining new skills.
– Monthly fee (competitive for Serbia).
If you recognise yourself in this profile, please send your application before the 15th of October 2017 to the CDN office (firstname.lastname@example.org). Your application must include:
– Your CV
– A motivation letter, explaining how your experiences match the profile, how you can contribute to CDN and your vision of the role of CDN as a European youth organization. Emphasize especially your experiences with CDN and/or other Young Green organisations. Please also include how this position fits into your current life plans. Try to stay below 3000 characters.
– The contact details of two referees, preferably (former) employers, supervisors or tutors.
– Additionally you can include examples of your past work, e.g. projects, their applications, reports, articles, publications, etc.
Further stages of the recruitment procedure:
The Executive Committee of CDN will have a Skype meeting with shortlisted candidates. The final selection will be done by 15th November 2017.
For more information about CDN and/or this call, please contact email@example.com.