CDN and its Alternative Urbanization Working Group are announcing a call for members of the international Coordination Team of our Annual Work Plan “Urban Steps for Resilient Future – Building Youth Activism in Eastern Europe”. The project is a follow up of CDN’s Study Session in the European Youth Center Budapest from 2016 titled “Reclaim Your City” and aims to explore Urban activism as an entry point for youth participation, to help young people turn their ideas into concrete actions and to enable young people to articulate their political demands to the local authorities and stakeholders. The full project description can be found HERE.
Coordination Team members are going to coordinate the Annual Work Plan and all its activities – Training of Trainers, Regional Trainings and Local Action – with a full support of a member of CDN Secretariat and Executive Committee respectively.
We are looking for young people that are passionate about alternative ways of urbanization, fair, inclusive and green cities, youth participation in political decision making, as well as the values of the Green movement. The call is open for people coming from Council of Europe member states, as well as Kosovo*, Belarus and Kazakhstan.
DEADLINE for submitting online applications: 23rd December 2017 at Midnight (CET).
- The first phase of the project – Training of Trainers – will take place from 24 – 29 April 2018 in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Second phase – Regional Trainings (4) will take place in June and July 2018 (precise dates will be decided with the Regional Prepteams) – Albania, Belarus, Georgia, Serbia
- Third phase – Local Actions (16) will be conducted during the period June – November 2018.
The main responsibilities of the Coordination Team Members are:
- Commitment to the project from January 2018 to November 2018 with a higher intensity in the first part of the year;
- Active participation in the regular on-line Prep-Team meetings during 2018;
- Full participation in one in-person coordination meeting from 26th – 28th of January 2018 (3 full working days) in Istanbul, Turkey;
- Preparation of a call and selection of participants, preparation of participants for the project activities and providing them with all the necessary information regarding the program;
- Preparation and implementation of the training program with a support of two external trainers; Invitation and communication with speakers, experts, trainers, partners and local initiatives in accordance with the project aims;
- Taking care of practicalities and well-being of the participants of all the phases;
- Full participation during the Training of Trainers, 24 to 29 April 2017; and prep team meetings 2 days before and 1 day after the training;
- Taking part in the preparation and implementation of the second phase of the project – Regional Trainings;
- Coordination of a team of one of the Regional Trainings with a support of CDN Secretariat;
- Promotion of the event and ensuring media visibility with a support of CDN Secretariat;
- Coordination of online learning and exchange process among participants during all the phases of the project;
- Optional: coordination of publication composition;
- Reporting of the project with the support of CDN Secretariat.
Being a Coordination Team member would offer you:
- Working in a lively international environment;
- Experience in managing youth projects – preparation, implementation and reporting;
- Getting familiar with Green values and CDN’s work;
- Getting to know Eastern European Green Youth organizations, progressive urban organisations, movements and their work;
- A possibility to develop your personal skills and group work;
- A lot of work and a lot of fun!
Prep-team members should:
- Speak English (you should be able to clearly express yourself both orally and in writing);
- Be willing to take on a challenge;
- Be responsible about fulfilling their tasks and support the rest of the group;
- Have good organisational skills;
- Be a good team player;
- Be committed to the aims of the project;
- Be familiar with non-formal education methods.
- Live coordination team meeting in Istanbul (26-28 January 2018)
- Online work on preparatory tasks and program (January – April 2018
- Final coordination team meeting (22 – 23 April 2018)
- Training of Trainers, Istanbul (24 – 29 April 2018)
- Evaluation meeting after the training (30 April – 1 May 2018)
- Regional research (May)
- Coordination and preparation of the Regional Trainings (April-July)
- Regional Trainings (June – July 2018)
- Mid-term reporting (May – July 2018)
- Local Actions in 16 countries (June-November 2018)
- Online learning Moodle (March-November)
- Publication development (April-December)
Accommodation, food, working space, travel and visa costs for preparatory team will be fully covered. For selection of travel means the condition is to combine the most economic and environmentally friendly way (lowest price + travel time + CO2 emissions).
*All references to Kosovo, whether to the territory, institutions or population, in this text shall be understood in full compliance with the United Nations Security Council Resolutions 1244 and without prejudice to the status of Kosovo.