Dear Young Greens from Eastern Europe,
CDN is looking for Executive Committee Candidates for the mandate 2022-23. This is your chance to contribute to the growing Green movement in Eastern Europe.
The presentation of candidates and election of the new Executive Committee will take place at the CDN General Assembly that will take place 12-13th March 2022 in Tbilisi, Georgia.
The Executive Committee tasks:
- Work on the implementation of CDN’s Activity Plan, approved by the General Assembly (including project writing, coordination, implementation and reporting);
- Maintaining close and continuous communication with CDN Member and Partner
Organisations and Network Partners;
- Actively following and supporting the smooth work-flow of the Working Groups;
- Representing and promoting CDN during its and partners’ activities as well as in the digital
- Answering challenges and making decisions throughout the year, between GAs, based on the CDN Strategy and CDN’s best interest;
- Actively participating in the regular (biweekly) EC meetings (that usually last around 2h).
- Keeping track of the well-being of CDN’s Office.
The candidate for the Executive Committee should:
- Be motivated to advance the Green movement in Eastern Europe;
- Be dedicated to the goals of CDN, subscribe its political platform and the Green Ideas;
- Be comfortable working in an international environment and have good communication and organisational skills;
- Be willing and available for active online engagement throughout the 1 year mandate;
- Be prepared for frequent travelling (if Covid-restrictions allow), participating in the live EC meetings, CDN activities and likely several other occasions;
- Be regularly available on the e-mail for the ongoing discussions, work and decision making, together with regular online conferences;
- Have a good command of English (written and spoken);
- Have the interest to follow political developments in Eastern Europe and react to them with available tools such as producing statements, organising and supporting campaigns, assisting member and partner organisations, communicating with other Green stakeholders, etc.
More details about the responsibilities of CDN EC members and the election procedure can be found in the CDN Statutes and Internal Rules of Procedures. If elected, candidates are asked to stay for the transfer meeting with the current EC and the first EC meeting. Departure day for EC Candidates is the 17th of March. CDN will cover the costs of accommodation for all Candidates, no matter if they are elected or not.
The candidate should submit:
- Filled Application form (access here);
- Candidate’s CV;
- Photo (Optional);
- Introduction to your candidacy;
- Official letter of support from a Candidate’s organisation or any CDN Member or Partner organisation*
*Only CDN Member and Partner organisations can nominate a candidate for the Executive Committee.
Applications can be submitted HERE.
All technical instructions are given on our GA website but you can also access them HERE.
DEADLINE for submitting candidacies is February 25, 23:59 CET. However, the earlier you apply the more chance delegates will have to see your candidacy on cdn.discuss.green.
NOTE: In addition to the candidacy related documents, each Executive Committee candidate needs to fill in the REGISTRATION FORM for GA attendees as well.
In case of any questions do not hesitate to write to firstname.lastname@example.org.