Dear Young Greens and Activists,
This is your chance to join our network as the Executive Committee member for the mandate 2023-24 and contribute to the growing Green movement in Eastern Europe.
The Executive Committee (EC) is the political body elected by the General Assembly. EC is responsible for decision-making, implementing activity plans, communication with members of our network, following Working Groups, etc.
The presentation of candidates and election of the new Executive Committee will take place at the General Assembly, 9-12th March 2023 in Warsaw, Poland. For which you need to be present in-person. We will be covering all related costs for participation (transport, accommodation, etc.)
The candidate should submit:
- Filled Application form (access here);
- Candidate’s CV;
- Introduction to your candidacy;
- Official letter of support from a Candidate’s organisation or any CDN Member or Partner organisation*
*Only CDN Member and Partner organisations can nominate a candidate for the Executive Committee.
The Executive Committee tasks:
- Work on the implementation of CDN’s Activity Plan, approved by the General Assembly;
- Maintaining close and continuous communication with members of our Network;
- Actively following and supporting the smooth work-flow of the Working Groups;
- Representing and promoting CDN during its and partners’ activities;
- Answering challenges and making decisions throughout the year, between GAs, based on the Strategy and CDN’s best interest;
- Actively participating in the regular (biweekly) EC meetings (lasting usually 2h).
- Keeping track of the well-being of the Office.
The candidate for the Executive Committee should:
- Be motivated to advance the Green movement in Eastern Europe;
- Be dedicated to the goals of CDN, subscribe its political platform and the Green Ideas;
- Be comfortable working in an international environment and have good communication and organisational skills;
- Be willing and available for active online engagement throughout the 1 year mandate;
- Be prepared for frequent travelling, participating in the live committee meetings, CDN activities and likely several other occasions;
- Be regularly available via the e-mail for ongoing discussions, work and decision-making, together with regular online conferences;
- Have a good command of English (written and spoken);
- Have an interest to follow political developments in Eastern Europe and react to them with available tools such as producing statements, organising and supporting campaigns, assisting member and partner organisations, communicating with other Green stakeholders, etc.
If elected, candidates are asked to stay for the transfer meeting with the current committee and the first EC meeting. Departure day for EC Candidates is the 14th of March. CDN will cover the costs of accommodation for all Candidates, no matter if they are elected or not.
Applications should be submitted on the GA Digital Platform.
The Deadline for submitting candidacies is
February 7th extended until the 22nd of February, 23:59 CET. However, the earlier you apply the more chance delegates will have to see your candidacy on the platform.
Check more information on practicalities, more detailed information will be provided via e-mail after registration.
Note: In addition to the candidacy-related documents, each Executive Committee candidate needs to fill in the Regisration form for GA attendees as well.
In case of any questions do not hesitate to write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executive Committee Candidates
Warsaw, March 9-12, for the most important political and decision-making event for our network.RegistrationPracticalities