CDN is opening the call for the activity assistant of one year long project “Feminists in the Environmental Movement” on Gender and Climate. You can find more information about the project here.
This is a paid, part-time, home office based position, starting from the mid February 2022.
Working time: average of 4 hours/week, flexible working hours (some activities might take place during weekends)
Remuneration: 1700 EUR, for the whole length of the project.
Role of the FEM activity assistant:
The FEM activity assistant’s work encompasses the following duties:
- Managing the whole FEM project from CDN’s side under the supervision of CDN project coordinator;
- Attending GEF partner’s meeting in Brussels in the beginning of March 2022;
- Organising the 1 day training on 7th of March with the PC and EC responsible;
- Working on the project budget with the project coordinator;
- Creating detailed action plan with each reporter for their visits in the rural areas;
- Following the developments of each of the reporters’ work, organising bi-weekly meetings with the reporters;
- Collecting the materials developed by the reporters;
- Proofreading the materials with the PC and EC responsible, communicating the comments between the reporters, PC and EC responsible;
- Preparing the contracts for the reporters, proofreader and designer with the help of the CDN Project Assistant;
- Communication with the proofreader and designer;
- Consulting with CDN PC and EC responsible on the final draft design of the publication;
- Sending the final version of the publication to the PA for printing;
- Creating and implementing social media campaign for dissemination of the publication;
- Preparing the project evaluation meeting in November 2022 in Budapest;
- Doing the narrative and financial reporting of the project with the help of PC and PA.
We are looking for someone with the following profile:
- Experience in a young Green organisation and/or good knowledge of CDN;
- At least 1-year experience in project planning, implementation, monitoring and follow-up, especially with intersectional focus;
- Comprehensive understanding and respect for CDN documents and values;
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with the topics of Gender;
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with the topics of Climate and Environement;
- Excellent written and spoken English, (knowledge of additional Eastern European language is an asset);
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to multi-task and work in unpredictable political environment;
- Efficient communication skills (in online and offline settings) and experience in facilitation and moderation;
- Ability to take initiative and work in an international environment;
- Willingness to engage in occasional travels (GEF partner meeting in Brussels in beginning of March, live event in Tbilisi in March, evaluation meeting in Budapest in November, reporting with the CDN PC and PA in Belgrade in November or December), to have flexible working hours, work during the weekends when needed;
- Preferably younger than 30 years of age and not older than 33 at the moment of applying;
- Computer skills including the use of free software (Linux, Nextcloud, Libre office).
What are we offering you:
- To work in a lively, friendly, international, young and Green environment;
- Mentoring and support from the side of PC, PA and EC of CDN;
- The opportunity to network in the European-wide Green movement;
- Lot of experience and lot of fun!
Recruitment Procedure: If you are interested in the FEM Activity Assistant position, please send your CV, Motivation Letter and contact details of two referees (preferably former employers, supervisors or tutors) to email@example.com with a subject line Activity Assistant Application – Name&Surname before 23rd of January 2022 23:59 CET.
Incomplete applications that don’t have a CV, Motivation Letter, references and without a clear subject line will not be considered.
The final selection will be done no later than the 30th of January.
This project is organised by the Green European Foundation with the support of Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe, with the financial support of the European Parliament to the Green European Foundation.