Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe (CDN) is opening an intern position in its office in Belgrade. The intern(s) will work together with and under the mentornship of CDN Secretariat – Office Coordinator and Network Coordinator.
The purpose of the internship is to provide an opportunity for individuals to substantively contribute to and learn from CDN’s work. The intern will be given specific tasks and responsibilities and will be challenged to develop their capabilities and gain experience. The intern is expected to be flexible and to take part in various activities at the office and sometimes in the field, where CDN’s activities take place.
What is CDN?
CDN is a network of Green youth organisations from Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe and the South Caucasus. Currently CDN consists of 18 Member and 6 Partner Organisations as well as 5 working groups. The Network supports the development, cooperation and exchange of knowledge and skills between young people and their organisations and aims at enlarging the field of political work for Greens in Europe. CDN organises educational and capacity-building activities such as seminars, conferences and regional meetings and uses non-formal education to advance youth participation. Our main partners are Green Forum (Sweden), European Youth Foundation of Council of Europe and Federation of Young European Greens.
CDN stands for gender equality, equal participation, diversity, inclusion, respect for minorities, environmental and climate justice, direct democracy and non-violence. Our Political Platform lays out the values which the Network bases its actions on. In their applications, Intern applicants should specify which area/s interests them the most.
The interns’ tasks include:
• Assisting CDN Secretariat in its daily management and implementation of CDN activity plan.
• Developing a personal project in areas according to her/his/their expertise and background that corresponds to CDN values and priorities.
• Supporting CDN office with administrative tasks.
• External communication, including managing the website and social media.
Generally 3-6 months, to be mutually agreed. The work place is based in our office in Belgrade and working time is 30 hours/week with flexible working hours. Note that some activities will take place during weekends which can be compensated within weekdays.
We are looking for someone with the following profile:
• Preferably with experience in a young Green organisation and/or CDN, Green politics and/or civil society in Eastern/Central Europe.
• Experience in youth and voluntary organisations or an NGOs is an asset, especially on the international level.
• Full understanding and respect of CDN’s documents and values.
• Good command of written and spoken English; skills in either Serbo-Croatian or Russian are a strong asset.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative.
• Computer skills including the use of open-source software (Linux, WordPress, Libreoffice, Moodle etc.) are an asset.
What we offer:
• To work in a lively, friendly, international, young, Green and safe environment.
• To learn project and organisational management, build facilitating and moderating skills, practice non-formal education.
• The opportunity to enhance your knowledge of Eastern European and Green politics, civil society and youth work.
• The opportunity to network within the Green movement.
• Many opportunities for learning new things and developing yourself.
Internships are on a voluntary basis, and no payment is provided. In some cases, travel costs may be reimbursed. A shared office space will be provided. The intern is wholly responsible for all costs related to health, travel, accommodation and visa expenses. CDN assumes no liability for any accident, ill health or other misfortune that may occur.
CDN retains its strong opposition to the exploitation of young workers through unpaid internships. However, as a small non-profit organisation with unstable funding, there is unfortunately no possibility for us to hire more paid employees at this stage.
Therefore, before you apply, please research possible funding options (universities, Erasmus+) and get in touch with CDN Secretariat (email@example.com). Please, note that funding possibilities depend of the country applicants are based in and therefore funding for this type of internship might not be available for young people coming from certain (Eastern) European countries.
If you are interested to take this challenge, please send your application to CDN office (firstname.lastname@example.org). Your application must include:
• Your CV
• A motivation letter, explaining how your experiences match the profile, how you can contribute to CDN, your vision of the role of CDN as a European youth organisation and your expectations of this internship – what do you want to learn, what skills do you want to develop? Emphasise your experiences -if you have any- with CDN and/or other youth networks and organisations. Please also include how this position fits into your current life plans and if you consider applying for any funding as well as the duration and preferable period if your engagement. Try to stay below 3000 characters.
The Executive Committee of CDN will have a Skype meeting with shortlisted candidates. The call will be open until fulfilled.
For more information about CDN and/or this call, please contact email@example.com