Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe is happy to announce the third step of the annual work plan “We are the future, but we are here NOW!”. The call for local actions is an opportunity for the youth organisations or a group of young people that participated in the previous stage of the project to submit the applications consisting of the Local Action Plans and Budget.
The 3rd part of the project, “Mobilising Youth for Participation” aims to give space to youth to reclaim fight for democracy by raising awareness about importance of civic education and youth participation. Local actions will contribute to the objectives of:
- Engaging young people in shaping democratic decision making processes in their local communities with direct participation of youth in them and promotion of youth inclusion.
- Creating a network of activists and organisations for future collaboration and transfer of knowledge.
- Raising visibility of young people and mobilising them for a common cause of ensuring a better future for all youth by giving voice and agency to them.
We will provide funding for 10 local actions through a 4 month period of preparation, implementation and reporting. In this period, LA organisers will create an activity which will contribute to project aims and enhance youth participation on local level.
All the organisations/movements that will get the funding will nominate up to 4 members, that will attend the training in Riga, Latvia on 8-12th of June. You can see the preliminary agenda of the event HERE. In addition to this, we invite these participants to the conference on the Future of Eastern Europe in Riga, Latvia on 6-7th of June.
The Local Actions should be:
- Non formal education events;
- Public debates;
- Movement organising activities;
- The combination of above;
- Be connected to the topic of the Work Plan;
- Have clear Aim and Objectives;
- Answer the needs of the local youth;
- Involve young people of different backgrounds in the activity;
- Have a clear Outcome.
The Secretariat and EC responsible people for the project will decide on the grants to be allocated for each action. CDN offers maximum of 1200 EUR as a grant per action. The decision on the grants will be brought according to the feasibility of the action plan as well as the realistic assessment of the budget.
Responsibilities of the applicant in case the grant is awarded:
- Kicking off the preparations for the LA in the beginning of May 2022;
- Implementing the activity based on the sent application and recommendations of CDN Secretariat and EC;
- Finalising the implementation of the activity by end of October 2022;
- Finalise the financial and content reporting to CDN by end of November 2022;
- Saving, organising and sending all the bills, invoices and other proofs of payments connected to the project and reported in the financial report;
- Sending both digital (scanned version in Nextcloud folder) and original bills (paper to CDN’s office in Belgrade);
- Using only Nextcloud folder and collaborative (doc, xls, ptt, etc.) files for the project for security reasons;
- Participating in the dissemination of the project;
- Ensuring the visibility of the project, CDN and EYF. Namely using hashtags #cdnee and #eyfcoe, as well as adding the logos of both organisations, as well as the Council of Europe logo on any material that will be produced at the local actions;
- Making and sending to CDN pictures and videos from the action with all the logos visible.
To apply for the grant, fill in the LOCAL ACTION APPLICATION form and draft a BUDGET for the activities. We will be accepting the applications starting from 17th of April 2022. Deadline for submitting the applications is 25th of April 2021 23:59 CET. Please, consider, that any application sent after this date will be disqualified.
Filled in files must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with Local Action Application in the subject of the e-mail. In case of questions, do not hesitate to contact Masha Pashkova-Dzneladze, CDN’s project coordinator at the above-mentioned e-mail.
Only full applications (Application and budget proposals) will be considered. You will get the result and feedback approximately in a week after the deadline. Please add the above-mentioned e-mail in your contact list to avoid our mails ending up in spam.
CDN Executive Committee and Secretariat