Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe (CDN) is announcing a call for the position of Office Assistant in its office in Belgrade, Serbia. This is a paid, full time (40 hours a week) position, beginning from mid-April (starting date is flexible). The deadline to submit applications is 11th March 2021 (23:59 CET).
Working time: 40 hours/week;
Remuneration: 750 EUR gross;
Contract type: 8 months with 3 months probation period (with high possibility for renewal)
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
What is CDN?
CDN is a network of Green youth organizations from Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe and the South Caucasus. Currently CDN consists of 16 Member and 7 Partner Organisations as well as 5 working groups. The Network supports the development, cooperation and exchange of knowledge and skills between young people and their organisations and aims at enlarging the field of political work for Greens in Europe. CDN organises educational and capacity-building activities such as seminars, conferences and regional meetings and uses non-formal education to advance youth participation.
CDN stands for gender equality, equal participation, diversity, inclusion, respect for minorities, environmental and climate justice, direct democracy and non-violence. Our Political Platform lays out the values which the Network bases its actions on.
The The OFFICE ASSISTANT will be responsible for assisting in the financial management of CDN’s projects and daily administration. The office assistant will be working closely with Network coordinator (NC) and and will be reporting directly to NC. The job will involve working with invoices, numbers, spreadsheets, reimbursement forms. Depending on workload in Secretariat and interests of the Office Assistant, ocassionally other ad-hoc tasks might be added to this list.
We are looking for someone with the following profile:
- Basic experience in administrative or financial work;
- Ability to work independently and good organisation of one’s work;
- Attention to details, good ability to work on numbers and performing administrative tasks;
- Strong spreadsheet skills;
- Good computer skills and ability to use various softwares;
- Fluency in English language.
Skills that would be additional asset:
- Curiosity in Eastern European civil society;
- Knowledge of Green movement and Green politics;
- Experience in managing finances of a non-governmental organisation;
- Knowledge of any Eastern European language;
- Use of (open-source) software (Linux, WordPress, Libre-office, Moodle etc.);
- Knowledge of design programs (Canva, Photoshop etc.);
- Knowledge of use of social media and communications ( Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Mailchimp, etc.)
- Assisting CDN Secretariat in its daily management and implementation of CDN activity plan;
- Preparing project financial documentation in cooperation with the Network Coordinator;
- Collecting and archiving financial documents (bills, invoices, receipts);
- Preparing invoices for third parties;
- Preparing bank transfers;
- Tracking all project expenses in financial spreadsheets;
- Working on CDN’s bookkeeping together with Network Coordinator;
- Assisting Network Coordinator with various financial and administrative tasks (reimbursements, reporting, etc);
- Assisting the Network Coordinator in diversifying the financial resources (administrative grant);
- Assisting the Secretariat in internal and external communication, creating webpages and online forms, use of social media tools, design of monthly newsletters.
Please apply by sending your CV and short cover letter (explaining your experience and interest in this position) in one PDF document to email@example.com by 11th March 2021, Thursday (23:59 CET) with the subject “CDN Office Assistant application”. All candidates who submit an application will be notified on the result. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by the second half of March and contacted for an interview.
Please add the above mentioned e-mail to your contact list, to ensure that our reply doesn’t end up in spam.