We are very excited to let you know that we secured funding that will allow us to support the new office assistant’s work and residence permit in Serbia. Moreover, we open this position for full-time and wait for your applications until 17 February, Sunday at midnight CET.
Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe (CDN) is opening a position of Office Assistant. This is a paid full-time position starting from the beginning of March in our office in Belgrade.
Working time: 40 hours/week, flexible working hours (some activities will take place during weekends which can be compensated within weekdays).
Remuneration: 650 – 750 EUR, gross
Contract type: 1 year
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
What is CDN?
CDN is a network of Green youth organizations from Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe and the South Caucasus. Currently CDN consists of 16 Member and 6 Partner Organisations as well as 5 working groups. The Network supports the development, cooperation and exchange of knowledge and skills between young people and their organisations and aims at enlarging the field of political work for Greens in Europe. CDN organises educational and capacity-building activities such as seminars, conferences and regional meetings and uses non-formal education to advance youth participation.
CDN stands for gender equality, equal participation, diversity, inclusion, respect for minorities, environmental and climate justice, direct democracy and non-violence. Our Political Platform lays out the values which the Network bases its actions on.
The OFFICE ASSISTANT will be responsible for assisting in the financial management of CDN’s projects and daily administration. The office assistant will be working closely with Network coordinator and Office coordinator and will be reporting directly to them.
The job will involve working with invoices, numbers, spreadsheets, reimbursement forms.
We are looking for someone with the following profile:
- Basic experience in administrative or financial work;
- Ability to work independently and good organization of one’s work,
- Attention to details, good ability to work on numbers and performing administrative tasks,
- Strong spreadsheet skills,
- Good computer skills and ability to use various software,
- Fluency in English language,
Skills that would be additional asset:
- Curiosity in Eastern European civil society;
- Knowledge of Green movement and Green politics;
- Experience in managing finances of a non-governmental organization;
- Knowledge of Serbo-Croatian or Russian language;
- Use of open-source software (Linux, WordPress, Libreoffice, Moodle etc.);
- Knowledge of design programs (Canva, Photoshop etc.);
- Knowledge of use of social media and communications (CRM, Mailchimp etc.)
- Assisting CDN Secretariat in its daily management and implementation of CDN activity plan
- Preparing project financial documentation in cooperation with the project responsible person from the Secretariat;
- Collecting and archiving financial documents (bills, invoices, receipts);
- Preparing invoices for third parties;
- Preparing bank transfers;
- Tracking all project expenses in financial spreadsheets;
- Working on CDN’s bookkeeping together with CDN Secretariat;
- Assisting the CDN Secretariat with various financial and administrative tasks (reimbursements, reporting, etc);
- Assisting the CDN Secretariat in diversifying the financial resources (administrative grant);
- Assisting the CDN Secretariat in internal and external communication, update of webpage, use of social media tools, design of monthly newsletters.
Please apply by sending your CV and short cover letter (explaining your experience and interest in this position) in one PDF document to email@example.com by 17 February 2019, Sunday (midnight CET) with the subject “CDN Office Assistant application”. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by the second half of February, early March and will be contacted for an interview.