Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe and its Digital [X] Working Group are announcing a call for members of the preparation team of the international seminar “Internet as we know it vs Internet as we want it”. The seminar will take place from 20th to 26th May in Ukraine.
DEADLINE for submitting online applications:10 February 2019, Sunday at midnight (CET).
The project is a part of our annual work plan “Digital Technology For Democracy: Youth Turns Threat Into Opportunity” and is going to (1) To explore the environment of technology and internet in particular and youth participation within it, (2) To explore what it means to be a digital rights activist and why it matters for participatory democracy and (3) to equip young green activists from Eastern Europe with tools for fair, safe and equal participation in web-platforms.
We are looking for young people who are passionate about digital activism, Internet and the values of the Green movement to be part of the prep-team.
The main responsibilities of the prep-team are:
- Active participation in the regular on-line meetings prior the event;
- Full participation in one in-person preparatory meeting on 30-31 March 2019 (2 full working days)
- Preparation of a call and selection of participants, preparation of participants for the event and providing them with all the necessary information regarding the program;
- Preparation and implementation of the seminar program; Invitation and communication with speakers, experts, trainers and partners in accordance with the project aims;
- Help with the promotion of the event and ensuring media visibility;
- Taking care of practicalities and for well-being of the participants;
- Participate fully at the final prep-team meeting 19-20 May 2019 (2 full working days)
- Full participation during the entire event, from 20th to 26
- Evaluation meeting after the seminar 27 May 2019 (1 full working day)
- Help with the reporting of the evaluation, reporting and following up on the event.
Being a prep-team member at CDN event would offer you:
- Working in a lively international environment;
- Experience in managing youth projects – preparation, implementation, evaluation, follow up and reporting;
- Getting familiar with Green values and Eastern European Green work;
- A possibility to extend the knowledge about digital rights;
- A possibility to develop your skills in group work and non-formal education;
- A lot of work and a lot of fun!
Prep-team members should:
- Have capacities in project management or advocacy;
- Speak English (you should be able to clearly express yourself both orally and in writing).
- Be willing to take on a challenge;
- Be responsible for fulfilling their tasks and help the rest of the group;
- Be committed to the aims of the project;
- Be a good team player;
- Be familiar with non-formal education methods.
Accommodation, food, working space, travel and visa costs for the preparatory team will be fully covered. For the selection of travel means the condition is to combine the most economical and environmentally friendly way (lowest price + travel time + CO2 emissions).
DEADLINE for submitting the application is 10 February 2019, Sunday midnight CET.
You can apply using this application form.
For any further information do not hesitate to contact
This Project is supported by the European Youth Foundation of Council of Europe.