Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe is announcing a call for members of the international preparatory team for the seminar “I know, therefore I act! Information War and Youth Participation”. It is a seven days long seminar for 40 young Europeans about information war, propaganda, freedom of media and right to access information. The seminar will take place in Ukraine 24-30th of April 2016. The call is open for active, young people, who share the Green values, coming from Council of Europe member states, Belarus, Kosovo and Kazakhstan.
DEADLINE for submitting online applications: 3rd of January 2015 at midnight (CET).
The main responsibilities of the prep-team will be:
- Organize the basic preparation (logistics, food plan, finances, etc.) and join both on-line and physical preparatory meetings;
- Preparation of a call and selection of participants, preparation of participants for the event and providing them with all necessary information;
- Preparation of the program and communication with speakers, experts, trainers and partners;
- Help with the promotion of the event;
- Taking care of practicalities and for well-being of the participants;
- Help with documentation of the event.
Being a prep-team member at CDN event would offer you:
- An unforgettable experience;
- Working in a dynamic and international environment;
- Experience in managing youth projects – preparation, implementation and reporting;
- Getting familiar with Green values and CDN work;
- A chance to improve your skills and enhance them with a lot of experience;
- A possibility to develop your leadership skills and group work;
- A lot of work and a lot of fun!
Prep-team members should:
- Speak English (you should be able to express yourself, write e-mails and understand English);
- Be willing to take on a challenge;
- Be responsible towards the taken tasks and the rest of the group;
- Have good organizational skills;
- Be a good team player;
- Be committed to agreed aims of the project;
- Be familiar with non-formal education methods;
- Be available to travel to the meeting and the seminar;
- Be available for online work and timely follow e-mail communication from February to July 2016.
- Live preparatory meeting in Ukraine (4th – 6th March 2016, tbc)
- Online work on preparatory tasks and program (February – April)
- Live preparatory meeting few days before the seminar
- The seminar in Ukraine (24th – 30th Apr 2016)
- Evaluation meeting after the seminar
- Help with reporting of the event (May – July)
- Follow-up work (May – July)
CDN will cover 100% of prep-team members’ travel costs. For selection of a travel mean the condition is to combine the most efficient and environmentally friendly way (lowest price + travel time + CO2 emissions). Accommodation and food will be provided.