CDN and its Alternative Urbanization Working Group are announcing a call for members of the preparation team for the Balkans (1) Regional Training of our Annual Work Plan “Urban Steps for Resilient Future – Building Youth Activism in Eastern Europe” that will take place from 20-24 June in Tirana, Albania.
The project is a part of our annual work plan and is going to (1) enable young people to analyse their cities (think global) and (2) equip them with capabilities to conduct local activities on the spot with the goal to improve their communities (act local).
We are looking for young and motivated people from Albania, Macedonia, Bulgaria, and Kosovo*.
The main responsibilities of the prep-team are:
- Active participation in the regular on-line meetings prior the event;
- Selection of participants, preparation of participants for the event and providing them with all the necessary information regarding the program, in particular support participants to develop their local action plans;
- Preparation and implementation of the seminar programme; Invitation and communication with speakers, experts, trainers and partners in accordance with the project aims;
- Help with the promotion of the event and ensuring media visibility;
- Full participation during the entire event (20-24 June); and prep team meeting before and after (18-19 June, 25 June);
- Collecting materials for publication;
- Help with the reporting of the Regional Training.
Being a prep-team member at CDN event would offer you:
- Working in a lively international environment;
- Experience in managing youth projects – preparation, implementation and reporting;
- Getting familiar with Green values and CDN work;
- Getting to know Eastern European Green Youth organizations, progressive urban organisations, movements and their work;
- A possibility to develop your leadership skills and group work;
- A lot of work and a lot of fun!
Prep-team members should:
- Have capacities in project management or advocacy;
- Speak English (you should be able to clearly express yourself both orally and in writing).
- Be willing to take on a challenge;
- Be responsible about fulfilling their tasks and help the rest of the group;
- Be committed to the aims of the project;
- Be a good team player;
- Be familiar with non-formal education methods.
01. First online meeting (Third week of May)
02. Online work on preparatory tasks and program (May-June)
03. Final preparatory meeting (18-19 June)
04. The regional training in Tirana (20-24 June)
05. Evaluation meeting after the regional training (25 June)
06. Help with reporting of the event (June-July)
07. Follow-up work Local Activities (September-October)
Accommodation, food, working space, travel and visa costs for preparatory team will be fully covered. For selection of travel means the condition is to combine the most economic and environmentally friendly way (lowest price + travel time + CO2 emissions).
Priority for selection will be given to participants who have participated in the first steps of the “Urban Steps for Resilient Future” project (the International Activity in Istanbul).
DEADLINE for submitting the application is Sunday 6th of May, 2018.
You can apply using this application form.
For any further information do not hesitate to contact us to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*All reference to Kosovo, whether to the territory, institutions or population, in this text shall be understood in full compliance with the United Nations Security Council Resolutions 1244 and without prejudice to the status of Kosovo.
This Project is supported by the European Youth Foundation of Council of Europe, Green European Foundation, Green Group in the European Parliament and the Green Forum (Sweden).