Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe and Gender Working Group are announcing a call for Prep-Team members for the international seminar “Art as a shelter: A room of our own”. The seminar will take place between 7th – 11th April in Tirana, Albania ( 6 and 12 are travel dates to and from Albania for the participants).
The project is the first phase of our 2020 Annual Work Plan “Art for the Young, the Queer, the Feminists of Eastern Europe” and is going to focus on understanding power dynamics and how power operates in patriarchal societies in order to empower young women, trans persons, non-binaries, agender and intersex people to broaden safe space and claim more private and political space through art. More information about the project you can read here.
This way we would like empower the participants with tools to broaden safe space and claim more private and political space through non-formal education and art. In particular, we would like:
- To build understanding of patriarchy as a dominant power that operates in the society and feminism as a theory and strategy to challenge dominant power relations;
- To create an intercultural safe space for young women* to share their private and political struggles and to explore tools to counteract them;
- To use art to empower young women* to stand up against patriarchy and broaden the safe space by giving visibility to women* through art.
If you are young (till 32) woman, trans person, intersex person, non-binary person or agender person from Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Kosovo*, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Serbia, Turkey or Ukraine interested in looking for different usage for forms of art in confronting and questioning the existing power relations in the society that stress the importance of art, inclusivity and human rights and would like to work on designing the program and the follow-up of the event, you are more then encouraged to apply.
In order to achieve these objectives, we are looking for young activists to join forces with the rest of the preparatory team composed of CDN’s Project Coordinator and one member of the Executive Committee.Prep-team members should speak English, be available during the preparation period, be responsible about fulfilling their tasks, have good organisational skills, be good team players and committed to the aims of the project and CDN’s values and be familiar with non-formal education methods.
Main responsibilities of the prep-team:
- Active participation in the regular online meetings prior to the event (February-April/ 2-3 h a week)
- Participation in a live prep team meeting in Tirana (8-9 February – 2 full working days)
- Dissemination of the call and selection of participants, preparation of participants for the event and providing them with all the necessary information regarding the program;
- Preparation and facilitation of the program of the Seminar; designing and preparing sessions based on non-formal education methodology, invitation and communication with speakers, experts, trainers, and partners in accordance with the project aims (4-6 h a week);
- Helping with the promotion of the event and ensuring media visibility;
- Taking care of practicalities and of the general well-being of the participants;
- Full participation during the entire event and prep team meeting before and after (Arrival 4th of April, departure 13th of April);
- Supporting the finalisation of the outputs;
- Helping with the reporting of the seminar.
Being a prep-team member at CDN event would offer you:
- Working in a lively international feminist environment;
- Experience in managing youth projects – preparation, implementation and reporting;
- Getting familiar with Green values and CDN work;
- Getting to know local artivists and Gender activists and their work;
- A possibility to develop your leadership and group work skills;
- A lot of work and a lot of fun!
Practicalities: Accommodation, food, working space, travel and visa costs for preparatory team will be fully covered. For selection of travel means the condition is to combine the most economic and environmentally friendly way (lowest price + travel time + CO2 emissions).
DEADLINE for submitting online applications is 10th of December, Midnight CEST.
You will be informed by e-mail approximately in 2 weeks time after the deadline. Please add email@example.com to your contacts, so that you do not receive our reply in spam folder.
*All references to Kosovo, whether to the territory, institutions or population, in this text shall be understood in full compliance with the United Nations Security Council Resolutions 1244 and without prejudice to the status of Kosovo.