We are looking for Presidency Candidates for the upcoming CDN General Assembly (GA), which will take place 12-13th March 2022 in Tbilisi, Georgia.
Presidency is a body that presides over the General Assembly. It consists of two people, who are responsible for managing the program, voting sessions and ensuring the smooth running of the GA. Presidency members must not be candidates to any positions at the GA nor participate in the discussions during the GA, but moderate them. Presidency is proposed by the Executive Committee and confirmed by the General Assembly at the beginning of its proceeding.
Responsibilities of the Presidency:
- Chairing the plenary and amendment sessions;
- Managing the election and the voting processes efficiently;
- Tracking the quorum and absences;
- Other minor logistical tasks.
Candidates must have:
- Solid experience in political processes and chairing meetings;
- Experience with CDN or one of its Member/Partner Organisations and/or experience of attending CDN or FYEG GA before;
- Enough time to dedicate to the GA and preparing for the presidency role.
As a member of the presidency, you will need to get acquainted with rules and procedures around CDN GA, described in CDN Statutes and IRPs. You will also need to attend at least 2 online meetings before the GA in order to divide the tasks. Members of the presidency are expected to be present in Georgia for the duration of the GA together with CDN Secretariat and Executive Committee. They are expected to arrive one day before the GA (11th of March) to Tbilisi in order to make the final arrangements and to attend the evaluation of the GA in the prenoon on the 14th of March.
All costs of travel, visa, accommodation and meals will be covered by CDN. Presidency members are welcome to arrive earlier and attend the political conference that will take place on 10-11th March.
To apply, please fill in THIS (CLOSED) application form by 23:59 CET, 10th of January.