Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe (CDN) is opening a call for a Project Coordinator position. Project Coordinator is a full-time, paid position, situated in Belgrade, Serbia, in a multicultural work environment. With an expected start time approximately in the middle of November 2022, the position is open for young people (under 35 years old – IRPs 8.4); with knowledge of Eastern European political context and skills in project management.
Applications will be open until the 16th of October, 23:59 CEST.
Our Political Platform lays out the values on which the Network bases its actions – make sure to get acquainted with it before applying!
Working time: 7.3 hours/day, flexible working hours (some activities will take place during weekends which will be compensated within weekdays).
Remuneration: 920 EUR, gross
Contract type: 2 years with 3 months probation
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
We are looking for someone with the following profile:
- Substantial experience in a young Green organisation and/or good knowledge of CDN, Green politics and civil society in Eastern Europe;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to multi-task and work under high pressure and with tight deadlines;
- Good communication skills and experience in NFE event facilitation and moderation;
- Ability to work in an international environment;
- Willingness to engage in frequent travels, to have flexible working hours – long working days and work during the weekends when needed;
- Fully understanding and respecting CDN documents (Statutes, Political Platform, IRPs, Safe Space Policy) and values.
Attributing assets that can elevate your chance of filling the position include:
- Additional experience in youth and voluntary organisations or NGOs, especially on the international level;
- Knowledge of any Eastern European languages;
- Enhanced computer skills, including the use of free and open source software (Linux, Nextcloud, Libreoffice);
- Previous engagement with CDN and/or with other Green political structures;
- Previous project coordination and project management experience.
What CDN offers:
- To work in a lively, friendly, international, young and Green environment;
- The opportunity to enhance your knowledge of European and Green politics and youth work;
- Frequent travel and exciting activities;
- The opportunity to network in the Green movement;
- Many opportunities for learning and gaining new skills.
The Project Coordinator’s responsibilities include:
- Writing project applications and fundraising;
- Facilitating the work of the preparatory teams;
- Implementing activities, delivering the sessions, managing the stressful and safe space cases at the events;
- Evaluation of the events with the PT;
- Narrative and financial reporting;
- Communication with the funders;
- Working with the EC, MOs and POs of CDN as well as the WGs on the new ideas of projects;
- Working on the outputs from the projects, e.g. publications, podcasts, videos, etc.
- Overseeing the work of the Activity Assistants (if applicable);
- Participating in strategic work of CDN Secretariat and Executive Committee.
NOTE: The newly selected PC will have to attend the live ECM in Budapest, Hungary on the 14-16th of November.
Not having a work permit in Serbia should not stop you from applying for this position. CDN will support the new Project Coordinator with residence and work permit applications.
To apply, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Project Coordinator Application – (Name&Surname), with the following documents attached:
– Your CV
– Examples and references of your past work, e.g. projects, their applications, reports, articles, publications, etc., as well as contact details of 2 referees (preferably former employers, supervisors or tutors);
– A motivation letter, explaining how your experiences match the profile, how you can contribute to CDN and your vision of the role of CDN as an Eastern European youth organisation. Emphasise especially your experiences with CDN and/or other Young Green organisations, and how this position fits within your current living situation. Try to stay below 3000 characters.
We will contact the shortlisted candidates 2 weeks after the deadline and invite them for an interview.
For more information about CDN and/or this call, please contact email@example.com .
In case of applying, make sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts, to avoid our reply getting into spam.