Cooperation and Development Network (CDN) is announcing an open call for members of the preparatory team (prep-team) for the study session “Green Cities for Sustainable Planet” which will take place from 7th to 12th of November 2022 in the European Youth Centre in Budapest, Hungary. The arrival date for the participants is 6th and departure date is 13th. More information on the project you can find here.
With this activity we aim to empower 35 young Eastern Europeans in tackling climate change through exploring the intersectionality of globalisation, capitalism and environmental issues – this event will provide a holistic approach towards climate change by focusing on communities, economy, human rights and urbanism and support the participants in developing new attitudes towards climate change, through exploring how governments, businesses and citizens can enable the urban and economic shift to a greener transition.
This will be done by meeting the following objectives:
- To deepen participants’ understanding of climate change by exploring the role that cities should play in fighting climate crisis and how latter is connected to urbanization and post-growth economics;
- To equip participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to practice and advocate for city-level climate, economic and social justice;
- To provide the participants with the space to create a practical guide on transitioning one’s lifestyle and living environment into a more green and environmentally friendly one.
If you are young person from Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Kosovo*, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Serbia, Turkey or Ukraine and if you are interested in the topic of the event, you are more than welcome to apply to volunteer as a member of this preparatory team. Prep-team members should speak English, be available during the preparation period, be responsible about fulfilling their tasks, have good organisational skills, be good team players and committed to the aims of the project and CDN’s values and be familiar with non-formal education methods. We encourage young people from disadvantaged backgrounds to apply for the Prepteam.
Main responsibilities of the prep-team:
- Active participation in the regular online meetings prior to the event (August -November / 2-3 h a week);
- Participation in two-day live prep team meeting on 30-31th of July (2 full working days), arrival day 29th, departure on 1st;
- Other meetings scheduled weekly or bi-weekly;
- Dissemination of the call and selection of participants, preparation of participants for the event and providing them with all the necessary information regarding the program;
- Preparation and facilitation of the programme of the event; designing and preparing sessions based on non-formal education methodology, invitation and communication with speakers, experts and partners in accordance with the project aims (4-6 h a week);
- Helping with the promotion of the event and ensuring media visibility;
- Taking care of practicalities and of the general well-being of the participants;
- Full participation during the entire event and prep team meeting before and after: Arrival 4th of November, departure 14th of November;
- Supporting the finalisation of the outputs;
- Helping with the reporting of the event.
Being a prep-team member at this event would offer you:
- Working in a lively international environment;
- Experience in managing youth projects – preparation, implementation and reporting;
- Getting familiar with Green values and the work of CDN;
- Getting to know activists from different European contexts and their work;
- A possibility to develop your leadership and group work skills;
- A lot of work and a lot of fun!
Here you can find provisional agenda.
Accommodation, food, working space, travel and visa costs for the preparatory team will be fully covered. For selection of travel means the condition is to combine the most economic and environmentally friendly way (lowest price + travel time + CO2 emissions).
We are closely following the development of the situation and we are envisioning the event to take place live. The safety measurements will be taken both at the Prepteam meetings and the live event.
DEADLINE for submitting online applications is 8th of May, 23:59 CET. You will be informed by email approximately 2 weeks after the deadline. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts, so that you do not receive our reply in the spam folder.