Cooperation and Development Network (CDN) and Federation of Young European Greens (FYEG) are announcing an open call for members of preparatory team (prep-team) for the study session “Work that Works for all: Shaping Europe’s Future of Work” which will take place from 16th to 21st of November 2021 in the European Youth Centre in Budapest, Hungary. The arrival date for the participants is 15th and departure date on 22nd. More information on the project you can find here.
With this activity we aim to empower 40 young Europeans in accessing their social rights – the right to decent work (the right to work, and the right to adequate social protection) and support them in becoming agents of change in their local communities through human rights education. This will be done by meeting the following objectives:
- To explore the legal, structural and societal challenges and barriers young people face while accessing their right to decent work in different European countries;
- To deepen participants’ understanding of youth unemployment and youth precarity, their social (political, economic) and individual (physical and mental health) consequences, and the intersection of these consequences;
- To explore the existing opportunities and initiatives for young people in accessing meaningful work, adequate standard of living and social security, as well as to develop participants’ understanding and solidarity about the social and economic conditions their peers are facing;
- To equip the participants and their organisations with the tools for countering the challenges and consequences of inaccessible Social rights.
If you are young person from the Council of Europe members states, Belarus or Kosovo* and you are interested in the topic of the event, you are more than welcome to apply to volunteer as a member of this preparatory team. Prep-team members should speak English, be available during the preparation period, be responsible about fulfilling their tasks, have good organisational skills, be good team players and committed to the aims of the project and CDN’s values and be familiar with non-formal education methods.
Main responsibilities of the prep-team:
- Active participation in the regular online meetings prior to the event (September -November / 2-3 h a week);
- Participation in two day live prepteam meeting on 4-5th of September (2 full working days), arrival day 3rd, departure 6th;
- Other meetings scheduled weekly or bi-weekly;
- Dissemination of the call and selection of participants, preparation of participants for the event and providing them with all the necessary information regarding the program;
- Preparation and facilitation of the programme of the event; designing and preparing sessions based on non-formal education methodology, invitation and communication with speakers, experts and partners in accordance with the project aims (4-6 h a week);
- Helping with the promotion of the event and ensuring media visibility;
- Taking care of practicalities and of the general well-being of the participants;
- Full participation during the entire event and prep team meeting before and after: Arrival 13th of November , departure 23rd of November;
- Supporting the finalisation of the outputs;
- Helping with the reporting of the event.
Being a prep-team member at this event would offer you:
- Working in a lively international environment;
- Experience in managing youth projects – preparation, implementation and reporting;
- Getting familiar with Green values and the work of CDN and FYEG;
- Getting to know activists from different European contexts and their work;
- A possibility to develop your leadership and group work skills;
- A lot of work and a lot of fun!
Accommodation, food, working space, travel and visa costs for preparatory team will be fully covered. For selection of travel means the condition is to combine the most economic and environmentally friendly way (lowest price + travel time + CO2 emissions).
We are closely following the development of the situation and we are envisioning the event to take place live. The safety measurements will be taken both at the Prepteam meetings and the live event.
DEADLINE for submitting online applications is 31th of July, 23:59 CEST. You will be informed by e-mail approximately in 2 weeks time after the deadline. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts, so that you do not receive our reply in spam folder.
*All references to Kosovo, whether to the territory, institutions or population, in this text shall be understood in full compliance with the United Nations Security Council Resolutions 1244 and without prejudice to the status of Kosovo.