Cooperation and Development Network (CDN) is announcing an open call for members of the preparatory team (prep-team) for the Eastern European Climate Summer Camp. The summer camp will take place from 5 – 13th of June 2023 in the Montenegro. More information on the project you can find here.
With this activity we aim to equip 45 young Eastern Europeans with better understanding of climate crisis and skills for mobilising the youth around the issue, in order to empower them to bring systemic change in their local communities and regions.
This will be done by meeting the following objectives:
- To equip the participants with the knowledge on climate crisis, its history and outcomes;
- To explore the causes and effects of the climate crisis on the Eastern European level;
- To empower the participants to fight for better climate, in order to sustain the society, culture and the world we live in;
- To equip the participants with skills and tools for mobilizing around climate crisis.
If you are young person from Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Kosovo*, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Serbia, Turkey or Ukraine and if you are interested in the topic of the event, you are more than welcome to apply to volunteer as a member of this preparatory team.
Prep-team members should speak English, be available during the preparation period, be responsible about fulfilling their tasks, have good organisational skills, be good team players, committed to the aims of the project and CDN’s values and be familiar with non-formal education methods. We encourage young people from disadvantaged backgrounds to apply for the Prep-team.
Main responsibilities of the prep-team:
- Active participation in the regular online meetings prior to the event (January-June / 2-3 h a week);
- Participation in two-day live prep team meeting on 18-19th of February (2 full working days), arrival day 17th, departure on 20th;
- Other meetings scheduled weekly or bi-weekly;
- Dissemination of the call and selection of participants, preparation of participants for the event and providing them with all the necessary information regarding the program;
- Preparation and facilitation of the program of the event; designing and preparing sessions based on non-formal education methodology, invitation and communication with speakers, experts and partners in accordance with the project aims (4-6 h a week);
- Helping with the promotion of the event and ensuring media visibility;
- Taking care of practicalities and of the general well-being of the participants;
- Full participation during the entire event and prep team meeting before and after: Arrival 2nd of June, departure 15th of June;
- Supporting the finalisation of the outputs;
- Helping with the reporting of the event.
Being a prep-team member at this event would offer you:
- Working in a lively international environment;
- Experience in managing youth projects – preparation, implementation and reporting;
- Getting familiar with Green values and the work of CDN;
- Getting to know activists from different European contexts and their work;
- A possibility to develop your leadership and group work skills;
- A lot of work and a lot of fun!
Accommodation, food, working space, travel and visa costs for the preparatory team will be fully covered. For selection of travel means the condition is to combine the most economic and environmentally friendly way (lowest price + travel time + CO2 emissions).
DEADLINE for submitting online applications is 15th of January, 23:59 CET. You will be informed by email approximately 2 weeks after the deadline. Please add email@example.com to your contacts, so that you do not receive our reply in the spam folder.
*All references to Kosovo, whether to the territory, institutions or population, in this text shall be understood in full compliance with the United Nations Security Council Resolutions 1244 and without prejudice to the status of Kosovo.