We’re excited to announce a call for members of the preparatory team for our cross-regional meeting of youth wings of Green political parties. The event is taking place 22-24 September, Serbia; Hosted by our member organisation Green Youth of Serbia.
About the event:
The meeting will bring together approx. 20 young women and non-binary individuals who are members of green political parties and/or their youth wings; the focus will be on members of our network; however, the event will be open for others as well.
This space will provide a platform for sharing experiences, discussing challenges, and addressing the unequal opportunities and barriers faced by women and non-binary individuals in Eastern European politics.
Simultaneously, we will equip participants with the necessary skills for political participation and running for decision-making positions. By providing comprehensive training and resources, we will empower these individuals to actively engage in political processes, both within and outside the party structure.
Additionally, we seek to foster a network of young women and non-binary political activists and politicians. This network will facilitate exchange, collaboration, and mutual learning among its members, further enhancing their collective impact and political influence.
Through these interconnected efforts, we aim to increase the representation and political influence of young women and non-binary individuals within Green political parties in Eastern Europe. By providing a supportive environment, essential skills, and a network for collaboration.
If you are a young woman or someone not of the gender binary under 35 yo, a member of one of CDN member organisations, are politically engaged and passionate about party politics, and want to contribute to shaping the event, apply to join the preparatory team! Prep-team members should speak English, be available during the preparation period, be responsible for fulfilling their tasks, have good organisational skills, be good team players and be committed to the aims of the event, and be more or less familiar with non-formal education methods.
Main responsibilities of the prep team:
- Active participation in the regular online meetings before the event (July-September / 1-2 h a week);
- Participation in two extended prep team meetings (online, 5 h);
- Other meetings scheduled weekly or bi-weekly;
- Disseminating and assisting in the selection process of participants, ensuring that chosen participants are well-prepared and provided with all necessary information regarding the program.
- Preparation and facilitation of the programme of the event; designing and preparing sessions based on non-formal education methodology, invitation and communication with speakers, experts and partners in accordance with the project aims;
- Assisting with the promotion of the event and ensuring media visibility;
- Full participation during the entire event and prep team meeting before and after: 19th of September, departure on 25th of September.
- Supporting the finalisation of the outputs;
- Helping with the reporting of the event.
Being a prep-team member at this event would offer you:
- Working in a lively international environment;
- Experience in managing youth projects – preparation, implementation and reporting;
- Getting to know political activists from different Eastern European contexts and their work;
- A possibility to develop your leadership and group work skills;
- A lot of fun!
Practicalities: Accommodation, food, working space, travel and visa costs for the preparatory team will be fully covered by CDN. For the selection of travel means the condition is to combine the most economical and environmentally friendly way (lowest price + travel time + CO2 emissions).
Deadline for submitting online applications is the 23rd of July, 23:59 CEST. You will be informed by email approximately 2 weeks after the deadline.