We are looking for Presidency members for the upcoming General Assembly (GA), that will take place on 27-28 April Vilnius, Lithuania.Presidency is a body that presides over the General Assembly. Presidency, consisting of at least 3 people, who are responsible for managing the programme, discussions, voting sessions and ensuring smooth functioning of the GA. Presidency is selected by the Executive Committee and ratified by delegates at the General Assembly.Responsibilities of the Presidency:
- Chairing the plenary and amendment sessions:
- Moderate the discussions;
- Give word to the presenters;
- Read out amendments.
- Managing the election and the voting processes efficiently:
- Make the call for voting;
- Counting votes;
- Support technical aspect of voting on GA platform;
- make sure that voting and elections are taken according to the IRPs and Statutes;
- Tracking the quorum and absences;
- Take down minutes;
- Other minor logistical tasks.
Candidates must have:
- Solid experience in political processes and chairing meetings;
- Experience with CDN or one of its Members and/or experience of attending CDN or FYEG GA before;
- Enough time to dedicate to the GA and preparing for presidency role.
As a member of the presidency you will need to get acquainted with rules and procedures around CDN GA, described in Statutes and IRPs. You will also need to attend at least 2 online meetings before the GA in order to divide the tasks. Members of the presidency are expected to be present in Vilnius for the duration of the GA together with Staff and Executive Committee. They are expected to arrive on 25th to meet and finalise preparations as well as participate in the online evaluation meeting in the following month. All costs of travel, visa, accommodation and meals will be covered by CDN.
To apply, please send in short description of your experience and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc Yevheniia@cdnee.org) by 23rd of February.