CDN and its Alternative Urbanisation working group are happy to announce the third step of the annual work plan “Urban Urban Steps for Resilient Future – Building youth activism in Eastern Europe”. The call for local actions is an opportunity for the participants of the International Activity and Regional Trainings to submit the finalised applications of the local action plans.
The local actions are aiming at strengthening young people’s capacities in Eastern Europe to stand up for their (urban) rights. It is a chance for young people to put their ideas into practice and articulate demands to the local authorities.
Local actions are meant to
(1) Mobilize local youth and get them engaged into reclaiming their rights;
(2) Promote youth actions in urban public spaces;
(3) Address local authorities and stakeholders in charge of the subject of the local actions.
The outcomes of these local actions can be, but are not limited to
1) Large-scale youth actions;
2) Promotion of public spaces for youth;
3) Dissemination of the Manifesto for Eastern European Youth;
4) Public statements following the actions;
5) Visualised presentation of the activities for the Publication (including the local issue addressed; action plan and the statement)
Applicants are requested to fill in the LOCAL ACTION APPLICATION form, and envision a BUDGET for their activities. Filled in applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with Local Action Application in the subject of the e-mail.
The coordination team will decide on the mini grants to be allocated for each action. CDN offers up to 300 EUR as a mini grant per action. The decision on the grants will be brought according to the feasibility of the action plan as well as the realistic assessment of the budget.
Deadline for submitting the applications is 31st August. In case of questions, do not hesitate to contact the respective contact persons for the regions:
Balkans (Albania, Macedonia, Kosovo, Bulgaria) – Justine Pantelejeva: email@example.com
Balkans (Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro) – Nikoleta Petkovic, Luka Gudek: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
RUMB (Russia, Ukraine, Moldova, Belarus) – Lucy Gavrilenko, Bianca Creutz: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Caucasus (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Turkey) – Masha Dzneladze: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only full applications (Application and budget proposals) will be considered by the Coordination Team.