Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe and Digital [X] Working Group are announcing a call for Prep-Team members for the international seminar “Critical journalism in Digital Era: Youth’s access to non-biased information”. The seminar will take place from 2nd to 7th July in Georgia (1st and 8th are travel dates to and from Georgia.)
The project is a part of our annual work plan “Digital Technology For Democracy: Youth Turns Threat Into Opportunity” and is going to
(1) Identify and explore the connection between digital rights and online journalism by raising the participants’ knowledge and practical skills on fake news phenomenon and hoax detection;
(2) Equip participants with open source tools of critical digital media literacy for proactively combatting fabricated material online;
(3)Equip participants with tools and methods to different steps of proactive online journalism;
We are looking for young people who are passionate exploring the connection between digital rights and online journalism, and the values of the Green movement. Are you motivated to turn online journalism into a more proactive one?
Then this is the right activity for you!
DEADLINE for submitting online applicationsis: 10th April at midnight (CET)
The main responsibilities of the prep-team are:
- Active participation in the regular
on-linemeetings priorthe event;
- Full participation in one in-person preparatory meeting in May 2019 (2 full working days) in Tbilisi, Georgia;
- Preparation of a call and selection of participants, preparation of participants for the event and providing them with all the necessary information regarding the program;
- Preparation and implementation of the seminar programme; Invitation and communication with speakers, experts, trainers
andpartners in accordance with the project aims;
- Help with the promotion of the event and ensuring media visibility;
- Taking care of practicalities and for
well-beingof the participants;
- Full participation during the entire event, 2-7th July
2019 ;and prepteam meeting before (30th June- 1st July) and after (8th July);
- Help with the reporting of the seminar (July-August)
Being a prep-team member at CDN event would offer you:
- Working in a lively international environment;
- Experience in managing youth projects – preparation, implementation
- Getting familiar with Green values and CDN work;
- Getting to know local initiatives on online journalism and their work;
- A possibility to develop your leadership skills and group work;
- A lot of work and a lot of fun!
Prep-team members should:
- Speak English (you should be able to clearly express yourself both orally and in writing).
- Be willing to take on a challenge;
- Be responsible
aboutfulfilling their tasks and help the rest of the group;
- Have good
- Be a good team player;
- Be committed to the aims of the project;
- Be familiar with non-formal education methods.
Accommodation, food, working space, travel and visa costs for preparatory team will be fully covered. For selection of travel means the condition is to combine the most economic and environmentally friendly way (lowest price + travel time + CO2 emissions).
More information about the work plan: Project page
*All references to Kosovo, whether to the territory, institutions or population, in this text shall be understood in full compliance with the United Nations Security Council Resolutions 1244 and without prejudice to the status of Kosovo.