Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe and Digital [X] Working Group are announcing a call for Prep-Team members for the international seminar “Digitising the Youth Ar(c)tivism”. The seminar will take place between 19-24 November in Bosnia and Herzegovina (19 and 24 are travel dates to and from BiH).
The project is the third and the final phase of our annual work plan “Digital Technology For Democracy: Youth Turns Threat Into Opportunity” and is going to focus on creative new ways of communicating with one’s audience online though interactive creative means.
This way we would like to give activists tools to engage with an audience increasingly tired of, and hard to reach with, traditional means of communication. In particular, we would like:
(1) To Explore the concept of aRtivism as a tool for change and analyze various contextual examples for connecting it to digital activism;
(2) To Look into the possibilities of modern digital technologies in communicating the message with the audience;
(3) To Explore different creative tools for youth engagement that will later be included in the publication and multimedia library;
If you are interested in looking for new ways of political intervention that move beyond traditional paradigms of activism, and would like to work on designing the program and the follow-up of the event, then this activity is for you.
In order to achieve these objectives, we are looking for 3 additional young activists to join forces with the rest of the preparatory team composed of CDN’s Secretariat, one member of the Executive Committee, and a member of Revolt – the host organisation.
Prep-team members should speak English, be available during the preparation period, be responsible about fulfilling their tasks, have good organisational skills, be good team players and committed to the aims of the project and CDN’s values, and be familiar with non-formal education methods.
Main responsibilities of the prep-team:
- Active participation in the regular online meetings prior to the event (September – November/ 3-4h a week)
- Participation in a live prep team meeting ( 14-15 September // 2 full working days)
- Dissemination of the call and selection of participants, preparation of participants for the event and providing them with all the necessary information regarding the program;
- Preparation and facilitation of the programme of the Seminar; designing and preparing sessions based on non-formal education methodology, invitation and communication with speakers, experts, trainers and partners in accordance with the project aims;
- Helping with the promotion of the event and ensuring media visibility;
- Taking care of practicalities and of the general well-being of the participants;
- Full participation during the entire event and prep team meeting before and after (Arrival 18 November, departure 25 November);
- Supporting the finalisation of the toolkit and the publication;
- Helping with the reporting of the seminar (optional)
Being a prep-team member at CDN event would offer you:
- Working in a lively international environment;
- Experience in managing youth projects – preparation, implementation and reporting;
- Getting familiar with Green values and CDN work;
- Getting to know local initiatives on online journalism and their work;
- A possibility to develop your leadership skills and group work;
- A lot of work and a lot of fun!
Accommodation, food, working space, travel and visa costs for preparatory team will be fully covered. For selection of travel means the condition is to combine the most economic and environmentally friendly way (lowest price + travel time + CO2 emissions).
More information about the work plan: Project page
DEADLINE for submitting online applications is 11 August Sunday, Midnight CEST.