Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe is announcing a call for members of the international preparatory team for the study session “Think global, Learn international, Act local”. It is a five days long Study Session for 40 young Europeans about the role and impact of intercultural learning and international projects on organizations/activists on a local (national) level. The study session will take place in the European Youth Centre Budapest from 23rd till 27th of January 2017. The call is open for active, young people, who share the Green values, coming from Council of Europe member states, Belarus, Kosovo* and Kazakhstan.
We are in particular searching for young people experienced in non-formal education, international preparatory teams, participating or managing international projects, working with Youth Department of Council of Europe. Positive assets are activism on local/national level, working on youth policies, experience with national youth councils and/or European Youth Forum.
DEADLINE for submitting online applications: 7th of October 2016 at midnight (CEST).
The main responsibilities of the prep-team will be:
- Active participation in the regular on-line meetings prior the event;
- Full participation in one in-person preparatory meeting from 4 to 6 November 2016 (2 full working days) in Budapest;
- Preparation of a call and selection of participants, preparation of participants for the event and providing them with all the necessary information regarding the program;
- Preparation and implementation of the study session program; Invitation and communication with speakers, experts, trainers and partners in accordance with the project aims;
- Help with the promotion of the event and ensuring media visibility;
- Taking care of practicalities and for well-being of the participants;
- Full participation during the entire event, 23 to 27 of January;
- Help with the reporting of the study session.
Being a prep-team member at CDN event would offer you:
- Working in a dynamic and international environment;
- Experience in managing youth projects – preparation, implementation and reporting;
- Getting familiar with Green values and CDN work;
- A chance to improve your skills and enhance them with a lot of experience;
- A possibility to develop your leadership skills and group work;
- A lot of work and a lot of fun!
Prep-team members should:
- Speak English (you should be able to clearly express yourself both oral and written.
- Be willing to take on a challenge;
- Be responsible towards the taken tasks and the rest of the group;
- Have good organizational skills;
- Be a good team player;
- Be committed to agreed aims of the project;
- Be familiar with non-formal education methods;
- Be available to travel to the meeting and the seminar;
- Be available for online work and timely follow e-mail communication from October 2016 to March 2017.
- Live preparatory meeting in Budapest (4 – 6 November 2016)
- Online work on preparatory tasks and program (October – January)
- Final preparatory meeting (20 – 22 January 2017)
- The study session in Budapest (23 – 27 January 2017)
- Evaluation meeting after the seminar (28/29 January 2017)
- Help with reporting of the event (February – March 2017)
- Follow-up work (February – March 2017)
Accommodation, food, working space, travel and visa costs for preparatory team will be fully covered by European Youth Centre. For selection of travel means the condition is to combine the most economic and environmentally friendly way (lowest price + travel time + CO2 emissions).
* All reference to Kosovo, whether to the territory, institutions or population, in this text shall be understood in full compliance with the United Nations Security Council Resolutions 1244 and without prejudice to the status of Kosovo.