Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe and Digital [X] Working Group are announcing a call for Prep-Team members for the international seminar “Digitising the Youth Ar(c)tivism”. The seminar will take place between 19-24 November in Bosnia and Herzegovina (19 and 24 are travel dates to and from BiH).
The project is the third and the final phase of our annual work plan “Digital Technology For Democracy: Youth Turns Threat Into Opportunity” and is going to focus on creative new ways of communicating with one’s audience online though interactive creative means.
Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe and Digital [X] Working Group are announcing a call for Participants for the international seminar “Critical journalism in Digital Era: Youth’s access to non-biased information”. The seminar will take place from 2nd to 7th July in Georgia (1st and 8th are travel dates to and from Georgia.)
Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe and Digital [X] Working Group are announcing a call for Prep-Team members for the international seminar “Critical journalism in Digital Era: Youth’s access to non-biased information”. The seminar will take place from 2nd to 7th July in Georgia (1st and 8th are travel dates to and from Georgia.)
The project is a part of our annual work plan “Digital Technology For Democracy: Youth Turns Threat Into Opportunity” and is going to
(1) Identify and explore the connection between digital rights and online journalism by raising the participants’ knowledge and practical skills on fake news phenomenon and hoax detection;
(2) Equip participants with open source tools of critical digital media literacy for proactively combatting fabricated material online;
(3)Equip participants with tools and methods to different steps of proactive online journalism;
We are looking for young people who are passionate exploring the connection between digital rights and online journalism, and the values of the Green movement. Are you motivated to turn online journalism into a more proactive one?
Then this is the right activity for you!
DEADLINE for submitting online applicationsis: 10th April at midnight (CET)
The main responsibilities of the prep-team are:
- Active participation in the regular on-line meetings prior the event;
- Full participation in one in-person preparatory meeting in May 2019 (2 full working days) in Tbilisi, Georgia;
- Preparation of a call and selection of participants, preparation of participants for the event and providing them with all the necessary information regarding the program;
- Preparation and implementation of the seminar programme; Invitation and communication with speakers, experts, trainers and partners in accordance with the project aims;
- Help with the promotion of the event and ensuring media visibility;
- Taking care of practicalities and for well-being of the participants;
- Full participation during the entire event, 2-7th July 2019 ; and prep team meeting before (30th June- 1st July) and after (8th July);
- Help with the reporting of the seminar (July-August)
Being a prep-team member at CDN event would offer you:
- Working in a lively international environment;
- Experience in managing youth projects – preparation, implementation and reporting;
- Getting familiar with Green values and CDN work;
- Getting to know local initiatives on online journalism and their work;
- A possibility to develop your leadership skills and group work;
- A lot of work and a lot of fun!
Prep-team members should:
- Speak English (you should be able to clearly express yourself both orally and in writing).
- Be willing to take on a challenge;
- Be responsible about fulfilling their tasks and help the rest of the group;
- Have good organisational skills;
- Be a good team player;
- Be committed to the aims of the project;
- Be familiar with non-formal education methods.
Accommodation, food, working space, travel and visa costs for preparatory team will be fully covered. For selection of travel means the condition is to combine the most economic and environmentally friendly way (lowest price + travel time + CO2 emissions).
More information about the work plan: Project page
*All references to Kosovo, whether to the territory, institutions or population, in this text shall be understood in full compliance with the United Nations Security Council Resolutions 1244 and without prejudice to the status of Kosovo.
Between 7-10 March, Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe held its 10th General Assembly in Istanbul, Turkey. The General Assembly was hosted by our member organisation, Young Greens of Turkey/Genc Yesiller, who did amazing work preparing perfect conditions for meetings and work as well as welcoming CDN’s delegates and guests.
CDN рад пригласить Вас на тренинг “Смотри и Действуй сквозь зелёную призму”, который пройдет 10-14 Октября в Киеве, Украина и соберет участников из Украины, Беларуси, Молдовы и России. Этот тренинг является частью долгосрочной работы CDN по развитию и укреплению Зелёного движения в регионе. Continue reading
CDN исчет команду организаторов для предстоящего семинара “Зелёное адвокатирование* (Р)УМБ” – Смотри и Действуй сквозь зелёную призму” который состоится 10-14 октября в Украине.
Этот проект является ещё одним шагом к достижению долгосрочной цели по укреплению Зелёного движения в регионе путем разработки концепции Зелёного видения среди молодежи. Continue reading
Cooperation and Development Network of Eastern Europe is happy to announce the call for participants for the International Activity (Training for Trainiers) that will take place from 24-29 April near Istanbul, Turkey.
The project is a part of our annual work plan and is going to
- enable young people to analyse their cities (think global);
- equip them with capabilities to conduct local activities on the spot with the goal to improve their communities (act local).
The Coordination Team of CDN’s “Urban Steps for Resilient Future – Building Youth Activism in Eastern Europe” Annual Work Plan met in Istanbul between 25 and 29 January 2018.
The team spent three long working days in preparing the first phase of the project, a kick-ass “Training for Trainers” for all youth activist from Eastern Europe! The Training for Trainers will take place in Istanbul, Turkey from 24-29 April 2018.
The participants of this activity will become the trainers that will organise regional trainings in Albania, Belarus, Georgia and Serbia in June and July, which makes the second phase of the project. As a result participants from the regional trainings will conduct local projects in their cities in the third phase.
The Annual Work Plan is going to last for the whole year and it has three phases! So this is just the beginning 🙂 If you are interested in reading the full project description and learn more about the phases it can be found HERE.
The objectives of this project are:
- To understand what and why of alter-urbanisation
- To develop advocacy and project management skills
- To foster cooperation among CDN Member Organisations and Urban Groups at national and international level
- Make local actions!
The Calls for Participants will be out soon so stay tuned! #UrbanSteps
Following the first, introductory training organised by CDN with the help of the Dutch Green Foundation in Kiev from 14-17th September 2017, the second stage of our Green Ukraine training series took place in Lviv from 30th November to 3rd December 2017. The topical training, which focused on political ecology as a concept and its wider picture gathered 24 people from all over Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova and Russia, some coming from the first event, while the others were newcomers. The preparatory team was happy to welcome Uladz Stashkevich and Iryna Burbylo among their members, both of whom attended the first training on a general introduction to Green politics as participants.
As you might have already noticed a lot of things have been going on in the Alternative Urbanisation Working Group!
Our Annual Work Plan got approved by the European Youth Foundation and we are more than excited to invite you to learn more about it HERE, as well as to follow its progress and make sure you don’t miss any calls and important information regarding it! Continue reading