Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe and Digital [X] Working Group are announcing a call for Participants for the international seminar “Critical journalism in Digital Era: Youth’s access to non-biased information”. The seminar will take place from 2nd to 7th July in Georgia (1st and 8th are travel dates to and from Georgia.)
Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe and Digital [X] Working Group are announcing a call for Prep-Team members for the international seminar “Critical journalism in Digital Era: Youth’s access to non-biased information”. The seminar will take place from 2nd to 7th July in Georgia (1st and 8th are travel dates to and from Georgia.)
The project is a part of our annual work plan “Digital Technology For Democracy: Youth Turns Threat Into Opportunity” and is going to
(1) Identify and explore the connection between digital rights and online journalism by raising the participants’ knowledge and practical skills on fake news phenomenon and hoax detection;
(2) Equip participants with open source tools of critical digital media literacy for proactively combatting fabricated material online;
(3)Equip participants with tools and methods to different steps of proactive online journalism;
We are looking for young people who are passionate exploring the connection between digital rights and online journalism, and the values of the Green movement. Are you motivated to turn online journalism into a more proactive one?
Then this is the right activity for you!
DEADLINE for submitting online applicationsis: 10th April at midnight (CET)
The main responsibilities of the prep-team are:
- Active participation in the regular on-line meetings prior the event;
- Full participation in one in-person preparatory meeting in May 2019 (2 full working days) in Tbilisi, Georgia;
- Preparation of a call and selection of participants, preparation of participants for the event and providing them with all the necessary information regarding the program;
- Preparation and implementation of the seminar programme; Invitation and communication with speakers, experts, trainers and partners in accordance with the project aims;
- Help with the promotion of the event and ensuring media visibility;
- Taking care of practicalities and for well-being of the participants;
- Full participation during the entire event, 2-7th July 2019 ; and prep team meeting before (30th June- 1st July) and after (8th July);
- Help with the reporting of the seminar (July-August)
Being a prep-team member at CDN event would offer you:
- Working in a lively international environment;
- Experience in managing youth projects – preparation, implementation and reporting;
- Getting familiar with Green values and CDN work;
- Getting to know local initiatives on online journalism and their work;
- A possibility to develop your leadership skills and group work;
- A lot of work and a lot of fun!
Prep-team members should:
- Speak English (you should be able to clearly express yourself both orally and in writing).
- Be willing to take on a challenge;
- Be responsible about fulfilling their tasks and help the rest of the group;
- Have good organisational skills;
- Be a good team player;
- Be committed to the aims of the project;
- Be familiar with non-formal education methods.
Accommodation, food, working space, travel and visa costs for preparatory team will be fully covered. For selection of travel means the condition is to combine the most economic and environmentally friendly way (lowest price + travel time + CO2 emissions).
More information about the work plan: Project page
*All references to Kosovo, whether to the territory, institutions or population, in this text shall be understood in full compliance with the United Nations Security Council Resolutions 1244 and without prejudice to the status of Kosovo.
Report on the “Digitised Security – How to read online surveillance and fight it!” seminar
From 24-30 April 2017, the Cooperation and Development Network of Eastern Europe (CDN) – in collaboration with the European Youth Foundation of the Council of Europe, and Green European Foundation (GEF), and with the support of Green Forum, ISOC Serbia, ISOC Europe, and MEP Terry Reintke – organised a six-day youth seminar on cybersecurity and digital rights in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. More than 40 young people from all over Europe explored how the Internet works, how it is governed, how it has developed since its inception, and what it means today for society, young people, and for (Green) activism and politics. Continue reading
We are announcing a call for participants for the seminar “Digitised security: How to read the surveillance discourse and fight it!”, which will take place in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, from 24 to 30 April 2017. Continue reading
CDN, the digital [x] working group and Revolt are organising an international youth seminar on digital rights. It will take place from 24 – 30 April in Bosnia. It was inspired by a digital [x] webinar that looked at the political reactions sparked by the terrorist attacks in Paris and how the tension between security and freedom was framed by agenda setters. A year later, censorship and mass surveillance are becoming the norm, and we want to fight this: we want to change the discourse to achieve better policy and give everyone the tools to protect their freedom even in hostile environments. Continue reading
Cooperation and Development Network held its Second Strategy Planning Meeting in Belgrade, from 1st to 3rd October. We gathered representatives of Member and Partner organizations and Working group. For two days SPM delegates discussed different aspects of CDN work, internal and external cooperation and communication, action plans. This meeting was a starting point to new Strategy statement, that next General Assembly should vote upon, for period of 2015-2018. Full report/conclusions and directions brought by SPM you can find on following link: